Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
Okay. How do my Holland Lop Does conform to the Holland Lop Standard?

DOE1:
Details: 2yrs, Tort colored, named Fern

What do you think of Fern?

DOE2
Details: 1yr, Tort Colored, Name DragonFly

What do you think of DragonFly??

Please and Thank you

~WinterChicks~

Okay. How do my Holland Lop Does conform to the Holland Lop Standard?

DOE1:
Details: 2yrs, Tort colored, named Fern

What do you think of Fern?

DOE2
Details: 1yr, Tort Colored, Name DragonFly

What do you think of DragonFly??

Please and Thank you

~WinterChicks~

Fern reminds me A WHOLE LOT of my Tort Doe 'Presentation'. She one best Holland Lop at the fair but that was a very small show. I like Both of your does head. It is a little hard to judge the body if they aren't posed correctly. But don't feel bad, I have trouble posing sometimes

Fern reminds me A WHOLE LOT of my Tort Doe 'Presentation'. She one best Holland Lop at the fair but that was a very small show. I like Both of your does head. It is a little hard to judge the body if they aren't posed correctly. But don't feel bad, I have trouble posing sometimes
I didn't even try to pose her.... Still trying to learn how.

As ShadyGroveFarm said, it's hard to judge a rabbit that isn't posed correctly. I remember seeing an article in Domestic Rabbit one time, where a judge had posted 3 pictures and asked the reader to place the rabbits in the pictures in a hypothetical class. At some point, the author of the article admitted that the pictures were all of the same rabbit, just posed differently. It's amazing what a difference it can make!

Fern's crown appears to have "slipped" back a bit, her ears should hang straight down, not angle forward toward her eyes. Her back may be a bit long, and her dewlap might be big enough for a judge to have issues with it. I like Dragonfly better, but there are some things that you have to get your hands on a rabbit to evaluate, you just can't get a feel for them from a picture.

They are both quite nice little does, though.

As ShadyGroveFarm said, it's hard to judge a rabbit that isn't posed correctly. I remember seeing an article in Domestic Rabbit one time, where a judge had posted 3 pictures and asked the reader to place the rabbits in the pictures in a hypothetical class. At some point, the author of the article admitted that the pictures were all of the same rabbit, just posed differently. It's amazing what a difference it can make!

Fern's crown appears to have "slipped" back a bit, her ears should hang straight down, not angle forward toward her eyes. Her back may be a bit long, and her dewlap might be big enough for a judge to have issues with it. I like Dragonfly better, but there are some things that you have to get your hands on a rabbit to evaluate, you just can't get a feel for them from a picture.

They are both quite nice little does, though.
Okay, so Fern is brood qualitiy from what I have gathered.
Dragonfly? Show or Brood?

I personally think Fern is gorgoues with her bigger dewlap, but I have to have sellable rabbits (my parents would say were nt a rabbit refuge haha)
Dragonfly is just plan old cute! She even partially posed herself, of course she wouldn't do that later though haha!

Back
Top Bottom