Raising Baby Chicks - Notable Topic Index - Please Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were getting bubbles on the out side like when you put water on a tire to find a hole. I also spoke to my grandmother this morning and found out that they were no supose to have an oder so I chunked the whole batch.

Will try again in a couple of weeks . If one of my hens wanted to sit I wouldnt even try to incubate.

Sorry about your bad luck but I think you did the right thing. Better luck next time.
thumbsup.gif
Don"t give up. PM if I can help.

Ooh, I agree.. If they have been in there a long time and have had the smallest crack.. bacteria get in and in the warm, humid environment you'll have stinky egg.. throw them away.. using a 5 parts bleach, 20 parts water mix.. soak the inside. If it's a styrofaom one.. put it outside in the sun to dry the heat will help as well as the sun will bleach some of the stains as well.. You have to disinfect the incubator too because the next eggs you set might do the same thing.. or even worse, when the babies hatch, they'll be infected with the nasty bacteria.. \\Good luck on your next batch.. It's not easy, waiting.. but eventually, You'll get a good hatch!
celebrate.gif

i just bought 6 chicks last night and this morning only 1 is alive. i cant get her to eat. what should i do? is there a soft mix i can give her? she seems too weak for the crumbles and the crumbles seem awfully large. i am using the medicated chick starter crumbles but as i said she's not eating. any suggestions?......

well thanks for all the help....NOT....i just lost the last chick. i thought the forum was for answers and support. i've been sitting here for 2 hours and no one even commented to me...thanks for nothin..i guess i'll try a different site

Last edited:
Kellydw, this section is usually where only the really really new people go - everyone else that has been on the site for a while has their specifics they are looking for and not many people visit this thread. Sorry you lost your chicks.

Don't give up on BYC - it is a great site!

Quote:
we're on the same track..i used alternatives..but just won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom