Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Thank you.  He is in the ER room right now.  Waiting to hear what they do with him.   We will take all of the prayers we can get..the power of prayer!

Prayers
1f64f.png

Thank you everyone!

They didn't keep him. They gave him a strong strong anti-biotic through and IV, Rocehpin..then a prescription for Bactrim and percocet. Yeah, he's home sleeping without pain for the first time in a while. I sure hope between this IV and Bactrim, he gets better. Haven't heard Bactrim in a while. He's always done well with the Septra.

Thank you everyone!

They didn't keep him. They gave him a strong strong anti-biotic through and IV, Rocehpin..then a prescription for Bactrim and percocet. Yeah, he's home sleeping without pain for the first time in a while. I sure hope between this IV and Bactrim, he gets better. Haven't heard Bactrim in a while. He's always done well with the Septra.
Really good news that he wasn't admitted! Still praying that he recovers quickly.

Thank you everyone!

Great news!!

He is doing so much better. Says, it's nice not to be in pain after having been for over two weeks! Get the right medication, what a difference. :)

Sorry, been off BYC for about a month now as I dealt with my other life.....you know, the one that takes up too much time and gets in the way!
he.gif
So now I need an update on how Richard is doing after your last post, Cynthia, and congratulations on that beautiful new grandbaby!! He's so doggone cute!! When I see baby feet the first thought that pops into my mind, always, is "Oh, those feet don't look NORMAL!!" I've grown so used to feet that turn in all the way and have toes tucked under each other instead of being in a nice, neat little row that I have a new normal!
wink.png

@Jessimom put that guilt right back in your pocket and save it for when you really need it! The new glasses are working and that's all you need to think about! Of course, I guess I'm a fine one to talk......our family has wasted all of June, all of July, and most of August second guessing the decision to have the MACE and Mitrofanoff done on Kendra. They were considered elective procedures designed to make the cathing and enemas easier on Kendra and on us, but not life saving or anything as dramatic as that. Oh, what that poor little baby went through.

Now, a catheterization that used to take up to 20 minutes takes 3. Yep, 3, and that's if I'm slow! Used to be we had to set up for the cath by clearing off the table, putting the mats down, grabbing Kendra and getting her to to lay down, taking off shoes, braces, britches, and diaper, cleaning her well first, getting the cath done, getting everything put back on her, emptying the cath bag, and putting the mats away. Now I tell her "time to cath" and she stops what she's doing on her own, comes in, gets in her chair, I sit her up on the edge of the table, sit in the chair in front of her, put the cath into her belly button, wipe the remaining gel out of her belly button when I pull the cath out, and she's down playing in just a few minutes while I go empty and dispose of the cath bag! She doesn't mind the process one little bit, and the other day she actually grabbed the catheter and helped me thread it down. No fussing, no squirming, one chorus of "If You're Happy and You Know It" and it's done! I haven't done the cath flush yet, nor the enema, but since the kids have no hot water at their house Jenny's been doing that stuff over here, so I'm watching carefully and learning. I do believe I can do it if I have to now. And Kendra doesn't fuss or squirm through either of those things, either. So the end result is what counts, not the process of getting where we needed to be.

Sorry, been off BYC for about a month now as I dealt with my other life.....you know, the one that takes up too much time and gets in the way!
he.gif
So now I need an update on how Richard is doing after your last post, Cynthia, and congratulations on that beautiful new grandbaby!! He's so doggone cute!! When I see baby feet the first thought that pops into my mind, always, is "Oh, those feet don't look NORMAL!!" I've grown so used to feet that turn in all the way and have toes tucked under each other instead of being in a nice, neat little row that I have a new normal!
wink.png

@Jessimom put that guilt right back in your pocket and save it for when you really need it! The new glasses are working and that's all you need to think about! Of course, I guess I'm a fine one to talk......our family has wasted all of June, all of July, and most of August second guessing the decision to have the MACE and Mitrofanoff done on Kendra. They were considered elective procedures designed to make the cathing and enemas easier on Kendra and on us, but not life saving or anything as dramatic as that. Oh, what that poor little baby went through.

Now, a catheterization that used to take up to 20 minutes takes 3. Yep, 3, and that's if I'm slow! Used to be we had to set up for the cath by clearing off the table, putting the mats down, grabbing Kendra and getting her to to lay down, taking off shoes, braces, britches, and diaper, cleaning her well first, getting the cath done, getting everything put back on her, emptying the cath bag, and putting the mats away. Now I tell her "time to cath" and she stops what she's doing on her own, comes in, gets in her chair, I sit her up on the edge of the table, sit in the chair in front of her, put the cath into her belly button, wipe the remaining gel out of her belly button when I pull the cath out, and she's down playing in just a few minutes while I go empty and dispose of the cath bag! She doesn't mind the process one little bit, and the other day she actually grabbed the catheter and helped me thread it down. No fussing, no squirming, one chorus of "If You're Happy and You Know It" and it's done! I haven't done the cath flush yet, nor the enema, but since the kids have no hot water at their house Jenny's been doing that stuff over here, so I'm watching carefully and learning. I do believe I can do it if I have to now. And Kendra doesn't fuss or squirm through either of those things, either. So the end result is what counts, not the process of getting where we needed to be.
yesss.gif
BLOOIE IS BACK!!!!

That is great news about Kendra. Hopefully we will get a picture of our girl smiling!

Back
Top Bottom