Ramp vs stairs

Yeah, I don't like it. Mine handle a few outdoor steps made for humans well, but a ramp would be better here. Or greatly decrease the grade.
OK after watching the video realized my 45 degree steps were not very good. I had screwed them together so easy task to change the angle to 30 degrees. I needed to extend the steps so I tied the upper steps to the roof with vertical 2x4, then hinged the lower section to the upper.
20230426_170427.jpg
When it comes time to clean the run, I'll just flip up the lower part and rake the entire floor .

OK after watching the video realized my 45 degree steps were not very good. I had screwed them together so easy task to change the angle to 30 degrees. I needed to extend the steps so I tied the upper steps to the roof with vertical 2x4, then hinged the lower section to the upper. View attachment 3483538When it comes time to clean the run, I'll just flip up the lower part and rake the entire floor .
Glad you're open to the feedback. And you seem quite handy, stop by anytime.

ramp straight at the hinge??
No just an angle cut on the side 2x4s that mate when the other end hits the ground. I see no reason for a latch? The middle is supported by the 2x4 extending from the rafter.

Last edited:
One of the things I have been dreading but I made my humble attempt to predator proof my new coop/run today, if there is such a thing.
Every day I work on my coop and post what I've done, only to find out how I could have done it better, I have no trouble with feedback.
So I filled all the gaps with pt wood and put 1/2 in pvc hwc 24 in around the outside. The plan is to cover with top soil and plant grass, maybe some heavy potted plant until it grows in. I was going to put 2x3 but when I changed the design it left me with enough to use the hwc.
I do have rats from the cranberry bogs behind my house, also raccoons. Hawks and eagles, I do have moles but don't know if they are a problem.
20230427_182706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom