Rants and raves of an old soul in a new age.

I don't really think crime and bad things are any worse today than they were back in those days. I think people tend to be disillusioned about those things because 50 years ago, people did not have the connection to media outlets that they do today. They didn't hear about all the terrible crimes happening with the click of a button.

I remember reading some very interesting articles once that showed statistics regarding crime rates now compared to back then. The comparison was shocking. According to these charts, crime had decreased in association with the number of people alive today. (I think this article was just for the US.) I will try to find the article(s). I remember finding them incredibly interesting.

Much depends on location. Where certain crimes may have decreased from one year to the next in certain states, some are higher than the national average. I can attest to the increase in theft and violent crime in my town with the increased affordable (section 8) housing and the amount of city people and illegal aliens bringing their politics and common behavior with them. Here is some interesting information in regard to crime statistics: http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/#.Ur9CS_tLmnR

Also here: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012

I definitely agree that in some areas crime rates have exploded. At the same time though, it has decreased elsewhere and that sort of balances things out (In a not so balanced way). I was referring more to the overall crime rates throughout the entire US. Any one city can certainly be very different from the overall. There's a city in NJ that at one time was a beautiful upscale place to live. Now its the armpit of the state. It's very, very sad.

Statistic can be a deceptive thing when applying overall. There are so many factors involved... different laws in different areas, as well as standards of living. Not to mention concentration of populations numbers, cost of living and jobs available.... so the overall number are not trustworthy in my opinion. More rural areas tend to have less strict gun laws as well, and cities have more illegally obtained gun crimes and a higher victim ratio because there are simply more targets for criminals. As well as hiding places for those fleeing the scene. Another factor is available law enforcement.

When I was referring to the hiding going on, I wasn't advocating that. What I was saying was that the "Mayberry" mask wasn't real. When outsiders see a quaint little town, they don't see the nasty politics, the alcoholism, the domestic abuse, the meth labs etc. In the old days, people didn't talk about these things, because it was "interferring" to do so.

1512569_10151890290185197_141445790_n.jpg
I like this sounds good to me... only problem would be that most states would go for their own so high population states may have the upper hand. then again depending ho they set it up......

GMO study puh. That vote was money rigged like most are... its all the power of presentation. It was poorly written law to blame more than the base fact of the issue in CA. GMO studies are not debunked. I personally know people who have food allergies and after cleansing and coming off such products over time found more than significant improvements in their health.
Technically gmo can be anything. GMO ( genetically modified organism) CAN BE the changing of dna but most of the time it is specified breeding. Like breeding a fat healthy bull to nice healthy cows. Instead of breeding a ugly always sick scrawny bull. Anytime you breed for better qualities ( color, meat production, egg production, behavior, etc.) it is considered gmo, because you are modifying the genetics of the offspring. Everything we have now would not be plausible without it.

I’m a FFA member I’ve raised just about everything. But I know that all chicken in the United States CAN NOT be sold with any antibiotics or added hormones. Also what is up with vegans and vegetarians, the human stomach is more suited for scavenging than eating grass. A cow, sheep, etc ( real vegetarians) have four stomach chambers to break down grass and other plants. The human stomach however has one (like carnivores and omnivores). Why does it matter if someTHING dies for us to eat. The animal is a someTHING not a someONE. People need to chill with animal rights. Yeah I get if your beating you animal not giving it food/water that is animal abuse but when your dog is outside and stays outside ( where they belong) that isn’t. I had a lady ask me the other day why I don’t bring my chickens in ( uhh because they’re chickens). Cockfighting why is it illegal a cocks are gonna fight no matter what. ( I DO NOT SUPPORT IT) but why is it illegal? The year the US made cockfighting illegal it lost 5.8 million dollars because everyone sold there birds and quite paying for feed. They could’ve made winnings taxable. So many people had to sell out and move because they couldn’t afford to take care of their animals anymore. Yeah I understand making the gaffs illegal, why strap a 3” knife to a chicken? They’ll get the job done without it. Yes I know I’ll probably get reported by some butt hurt hippie/millennial. But I don’t care. I was always taught in world of followers be a leader, soo. But thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom