Rarely Photographed Girls in My Flock

Are the SLW's mixed with anything? Mine don't have any yellow in them. Very pretty girls. I especially like Meg, looks like she's got attitude
big_smile.png

See if you can get your BR to lay on some eggs in a pen of her own....let her go broody in a very small pen, she will stop laying and grow her feathers back. I put a dish pan with nesting materials in a dog crate, with her eggs and she did go broody. Might be worth a try???

She is very UNbroody, my BR girl. Not the type at all, and she's almost 2 years old.
Deniece, the SLWs are dirty! Ever seen red Georgia clay? That's what it looks like on white feathers, LOL.

They are all very pretty girls. I love the warm red color of Meg, also. I think she might be getting her own fan club started! You've taken so many great pictures of your chickens. I've really enjoyed them. My husband got a kick out of the ones with everybody perched all over your BBQ.

Thanks. Here is the BBQ Crew today, every one of my original flock except Sunny, who was still on the nest where you saw her in the last photos. These are all about two years old, with the two Barred Rock girls two months younger than the others. Ignore poor Lexie's condition (on the bottom step)-her molt is taking its toll on her since she's still laying almost every day in spite of it.
DCP_8769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom