Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

I was just thinking I raise Gray Call ducks if I got a female to lay 25 eggs a year in the spring I would try to do back flips. If I can get 12 to 15 babies out of each single mating with my females I would be happy. I guess I am a breeder and not a egg collector or seller. I dont understand some things in chickens I guess. In the summer when my chickens lay eggs they sit out in the pens and get hot. I throw them up in the woods to break them. They are spoiled and would not want to even give them to the dogs.

I guess there is just a few of us who like to sit down in a chair or on top of the five gallon feed bucket and just look at them and enjoy thier looks and thier crazy little things they do.

Looking a chickens on a nice green lawn is a very pleasant experice with a cup of coffie and and good cigar.

Rare breeds god how many are out there who has them and who wants them this spring. HOW MANY ARE REALLY TRUE TO BREED?

Hope you have a nice day. Got to get ready to go to work. bob

I looked on her website and some of her white polish have beards and others dont.
big_smile.png

RIW update, they still peep like chicks, they still will not roost but stay on the coop floor like chicks...and they are getting so beautiful !
Striking green eyes like I have only seen in a Golden Cuckoo Marans...almost blue white plumage..4 mo old now.
50801_mot_and_the_girls_003.jpg

50801_mot_and_the_girls_002.jpg

50801_mot_and_the_girls_005.jpg

50801_mot_and_the_girls_009.jpg

50801_mot_and_the_girls_004.jpg

sorry about the knocked down "tater towers" (in the tires) DH says the pics look like junkyard chickens...but they were after bugs in the tater tires.
If anyone else has RIW PLEEEEEEEZE can you post or help critique ?
Thanks everyone~

Quote:
So awesome pics of a lost heritage breed and you are stuck on tater tires ?
OK, here it is:
You start with a big tire, add potato eyes..and compost, as the spuds grow, add more compost and another tire, and it keeps going until the tater tower can be as high as YOU...as long as the spud starts are poking through, sprinkle compost (inside the tire) and add another tire...when fall comes, kick the tires down to harvest all the taters that were born on the long growth from the ground all the way up.
OK ?????
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
So awesome pics of a lost heritage breed and you are stuck on tater tires ?
OK, here it is:
You start with a big tire, add potato eyes..and compost, as the spuds grow, add more compost and another tire, and it keeps going until the tater tower can be as high as YOU...as long as the spud starts are poking through, sprinkle compost (inside the tire) and add another tire...when fall comes, kick the tires down to harvest all the taters that were born on the long growth from the ground all the way up.
OK ?????
roll.png

You eat them? HAHA! I know... stuck on tater tires... Sounds like a cool idea, may have to try it.

You do have very beautiful birds!!! I have nothing quite as cool. Just hatchery Polish and a few RIR that I have no idea their lineage. Kudos to you for raising these!!!

Back
Top Bottom