Rate my Salmon Faverolles rooster, 'Karen'. His feelings won't be hurt.

His color could be cleaner, but Karen is still a looker.
Im not a shower or a pro breeder, just a hobby breeder and fan.:)
20201208_115334.jpg

I don't know tooo much about SFs, but it looks to me like he's a bit lacking in the leg feather department. His coloring also isn't very uniform, especially on the wings.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm not sure what he should look like colorwise for the uniformity. My SOP is black and white so I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures of their good show flock to go by. I'm hoping his feet feathering will grow with time, he was getting bullied by a silkie (lol) and was looking pretty beat up, and he's also under a year old. :)

It's been ages since I've bred them, but he has excellent fifth toe separation. There are several members who work with them. FeatherSite has some excellent examples of some show-quality Salmon Faverolles. At a small local show, he would probably do well.
Thank you so much! I'm glad he has his toes going for him! I really appreciate your help and pointing me in the direction of FeatherSite. Like I said, he is my 4H project and going to a county fair, nothing fancy. I know he's not a world champion bird but I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get disqualified or anything. Thanks for the reassurance!

Back
Top Bottom