Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
So far the poison looks untouched. So my best guess is the cats killed that shrew(??) the other day. Not the poison. I’ll take up the poison tomorrow and will try another approach.

While I haven't read thru this entire thread yet, but I have to say, I am also having a rat problem thanks to crappy neighbors. My neighbors poorly run a mini-farm - they don't properly store feed/grain, no composting of manure, etc. so it has attracted rats to the area.

I don't have an infestation (yet) and thankfully, they're under my porch, and not in my coop.

I caught one in a snap trap, and none since, but they're there because I see them on the game cams I have setup. My cat caught one, but it's winter now so she doesn't really go out. I've tried RATX with no success and while I don't like the idea of poison, I am trying to get ahead of this so I may resort of poison.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I've been told drowning them in a barrel is effective. Fill a barrel half way with water, bait it with some enticing food, and they should fall in and not be able to get out.

Did you ever actually see a rat....or just the holes and the dead mole/vole/shrew you found?
I can't remember if the hole digger was ever absolutely ID'd.

That's what I was wondering. Whenever I've had to poison rats they ate the bait the first night I put it out. Can you take some pics of the holes, @HuffleClaw?

Back
Top Bottom