Raw goat's milk RAVE

Quote:
th.gif

What, too clean?
big_smile.png

One day I had a perfect clean bucket of milk to take into the house and my freakin' nose dripped and a DROP OF SNOT fell in the milk.

Can you imagine how my inner clean freak felt? The chickens had a feast that day...

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

That is just like my husband! I'm a tad more lenient. If growing up I accidentally swallowed a bug somehow (or just saw one on my food, eww) my dad would just say, "Aww it's just protein!" Most things don't get to me, but snot milk
sickbyc.gif
would be given to chickens here too!

Quote:
I am so irritated
somad.gif
!!! I'm 22 and everyone always told me you have to drink lots of milk to be tall and strong and to have calcium. Well I just assumed they were right because I am 5'11" and pretty strong so I guess it worked! Ahh, so now I'm practically addicted to cows milk and I find that it's bad for me?! EEK! So what are the studies on goats milk? Less cholesterol? Less fats? Less giving us heart disease...please...
fl.gif

the milk has to be taken with vitamins to make it absorb, and this isn't so with milk products in most cases. They talk about the osteoporosis that shows the stoop backed old woman . . .it is more than likely forward head posture, NOT bone loss that has caused the old woman to lean forward like that. Women are especially probe to this condition, because of all the work we do :thleaning forward in our life. My sister has O. and she walks tall and almost straight and is 80 years old . . .but it sounds good doesn't it, and really makes us want to run and get the Caltrate or whatever its promoting. Skip those Wal-Mart and pharmacy vitamins and get hooked up with a good health food store. You will be amazed what you will learn from them.
thumbsup.gif

Ksacres. - questioning a statement of information, IMHO can only be considered rude in the way the question is stated, not by the act.

I usually only pass on information that I can verify through educational institutions, or confirmed by at least 2 legitimate studies (double blind and at least 90 days in durations), in other words I have stricter criteria than the FDA
smile.png

University of California
http://cahfs.ucdavis.edu/disease_pdfs/caseous_lymphadenitis.pdf

Quote:
No, I was really asking, b/c I hadn't read that before. Thanks for the link. I just had to preface b/c most people take any kind of questioning as criticism.

(And, a lot of people get CAE and CL confused, probably b/c they both start with "c", so I always throw that out there too.)

by the way, I can find multiple papers that speak to the fact the kids can get it from the colostrum but that paper is the only one that comes right out and says it.

Almost all of the papers I read from educational institutions address the fact that the "tumors" can be internal as well as external, meaning you would not know the animal is infected. In fact kids that are infected usually dont show external tumors until they are close to a year old.

On the 29th I am have blood drawn for CAE testing on my new animals , I am going to spot check them for CL as well now.

This is apparently a world wide common disease (its actually a strain of bacteria) and one of the few that can be passed to humans in the form of an infection.

By the way, I tasted my first sample of Mini-lamancha milk from my gals. I let it get ice cold and I swear I could not tell the difference between that and whole milk purchased at the store. Cant wait until I have everything settle down so I can purchase a milk machine. I do intend to start pasteurizing my milk though.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm allergic to milk and lactose intolerant, but I can drink goats milk without a problem. In fact, raw goats milk was recommended to me to help with my other food allergies/sensitivities. I was raised on it until I was about 5 (parents sold the goats), so I have always liked it better, anyway
smile.png

So... I have two mini-milker babies in my suburban backyard who are going to be my milkers in a year
smile.png

GOATS milk
smile.png
; Is fed to Babys world wide that cannot tolerate COW's or even Mothers milk .... It must be kept covered in the fridge or it will pickup oders from other foods !! A good milking goat commands a premium price , Meaning an older gental one , easy to milk !!! ........... ALAN B .

Back
Top Bottom