Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinager

Quote:
I read on a different post that it needs to be unpasteurized in order to have all of the organisms and bugs that deworm the chickens and all of the other wonderful things its supposed to do. Does anyone know if that's true?? I hope not
big_smile.png

This is what I use:

http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar.html

acv.jpg

Apple Cider Vinegar

Ingredients:

Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity. Contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar which occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules.

Information:

Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is made from delicious, healthy, organically grown apples. Processed and bottled in accordance with USDA guidelines, it is Certified Organic by Organic Certifiers and Oregon Tilth; and is Kosher Certified. Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is full of zesty Apple Cider Vinegarnatural goodness. It’s a wholesome way to add delicious flavor to salads, veggies, most foods, and even sprinkle over popcorn.

Apple Cider Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities.

It also pretty easy to make once you've got a mother started. The easiest way to do it is start with Braggs or Eden Organics (both have mother in them). I tend to use unpasteurized apple juice like Simply Apple. I mix a cup or so of the Braggs with the apple juice in a glass container like a Mason jar. I put a coffee filter over it with a rubber band and put in a dark place for a couple months. A cloudy, gelatinous mass will form on the top. That's the mother, that's what makes the acetic acid.

I heard on a thread somewhere that if you give ACV to your flock about a month before you plan on incubating you will hatch out more female chicks. I have never tryed this..but I might just for the heck of it!

Quote:
ummmmm.....sorry.......but what do you mean by with the mother

ok got it my fault just found it sorry

I just read thru the entire thread--saw it a few days ago and knew it deserved a bit of time. THe health benefits are remarkable. It's ability to increase the females in a hatch--well I do have to test that out:D the more pullets the better. Will try Whole FOods for the ACV and make my own.

My house is getting full: lambs, chicks, and now to add jars of vinegar and yogurt! What could be better!
wee.gif
:weee:weee

Back
Top Bottom