Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Here's why I'm trying to breed winter hardiness into my project birds :

Monday
Cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the morning...then snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. High in the mid 20s. East wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the morning. Chance of snow 70 percent.
l
Monday Night
Light snow. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Low around 18. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.

Tuesday
Windy. Light snow. Moderate snow accumulations possible. High in the mid 20s. Northeast wind 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.
l
Tuesday Night
Windy...snow. Areas of blowing snow. Heavy snow accumulations possible. Low around 12. North wind 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill readings to 7 below.

Wednesday
Blustery. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Areas of blowing snow. High around 17.
l
Wednesday Night
Colder. Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Low around 8 below.

They're saying 12 to 17 inches total , and with 35 mph winds , that's makes drifts several feet high !
barnie.gif

Dang Steve That would be my first priority also if I were in your shoes.............. Good luck on that. We don't have it very bad here, just in spurts it can get dicey, but these Cornish are really good with the cold, I am impressed and I don't baby mine. They gotta get it quick or else LOL.

AL

I know it wasn't allot of egg's, small hatch but it will do for now, just wanted to get a jump this season.

AL

My next batch of eggs hopefully will be set this week . My fertility has been next to nil , and the shipped eggs are coming into this latest updated weather :

Forecast for Henderson County

Updated: 9:35 am CST on February 1, 2011
Blizzard Warning in effect until noon CST Wednesday...
Rest of Today
Windy. A chance of light snow late in the morning...then snow in the afternoon. Blowing snow through the day. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 4 to 5 inches. High in the mid 20s. Northeast wind 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph increasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
l
Tonight
Windy. Snow and isolated thunderstorms. Blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Snow accumulation of 9 to 15 inches. Low around 13. North wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Wind chill readings to 7 below.

Wednesday
Windy...cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning... then scattered flurries in the afternoon. Blowing snow in the morning...then patchy blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Total snow accumulation 14 to 21 inches. High around 17. North wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 40 mph becoming northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wind chill readings to 9 below.
l
Wednesday Night
Much colder. Partly cloudy. Low around 9 below. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 21 below.

Thursday
Sunny. High around 12. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 23 below in the morning.

fl.gif

Quote:
I have 13 in here in Tulsa and still snowing. It should stop in about 2 hrs they say. The wind is brutal though. 20-30 mph. The chickens are snuggled up and I do have a heat lamp out there on 2 pens but still some without.

Quote:
I have 13 in here in Tulsa and still snowing. It should stop in about 2 hrs they say. The wind is brutal though. 20-30 mph. The chickens are snuggled up and I do have a heat lamp out there on 2 pens but still some without.

I feel for you , but will probably be right with you by tomorrow .

It got serious about snowing and blowing about 3 hours ago , before that just light snow pellets and snow with a breeze that constantly shifted directions . I can " kinda/maybe " make out the end the drive now [ maybe 50 yds ] but can't see the pinewood forest across the road from there . A hard wind out of the NE blew snow into my face so bad I could not look that direction . My dogs seemed to think it was great stuff for about 10/15 minutes , then decided the house was calling them .
lol.png

Our latest update :
Statement as of 3:40 PM CST on February 01, 2011

... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until noon CST Wednesday...

A Blizzard Warning remains in effect until noon CST Wednesday.

* Snow... heavy at times... will continue this evening and then
begin to diminish after 3 am Wednesday morning. The heaviest
snowfall rates are expected to occur from late afternoon through
10 PM this evening. Snowfall rates as high as 1 inch per hour
can be expected during this time. Measurable snowfall will end
over most of the area by 10 am Wednesday morning.

* Additional snowfall amounts of 12 to 14 inches are expected
overnight... resulting in storm total snowfall amounts as high as
18 to 22 inches.

* Northeast to north winds are expected to continue from 25 to 35
mph overnight. Gusts as high 45 mph will be possible. Winds are
expected to diminish to 15 to 25 mph Wednesday and change to the
northwest. The combination of strong winds and falling powdery
snow will result in blizzard conditions... including heavy
snow... strong winds and white out conditions tonight into early
Wednesday.

* Roads are expected to become snow packed and slick with
considerable drifting making roads difficult to keep clear