Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Yes I know, I was just joking . . . You are a real he-man-woman (she butchers all of her own) but I just watched Whip It and now I want to be a roller derby girl . . . just joking there too after the hurt you put on that chick at the concert you would kick my butt there too!!!! lol!
Well, I guess I hijacked my own thread but that's ok I have decided after much research to skip the red Laced Cornish . . . I am now(thanks to Steve) looking for a Malay . . . advice?

I decided they are too short (for my purposes), not feathered well enough for winter, and that I would be breeding back in what I was trying to dilute in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on pics of the WLRC breeders from a gamefowl farm in northern IL ; supposed to be show quality . Been waiting three weeks for pics of a white Cornish breeding trio from KY , I think I'm not going to get a reply from KY LOL .
Katy , what qualities in the Cornish are you breeding away from ? I'm getting conflicting opinions on their cold hardiness .

I am not sure if there is a difference between the WLR's and the Dark but my Dark are very hardy. My roo is a wimp but he is hardy. I am amazed at some of the mass that my hens have now. I am sure alot of it is fat (how can I know if I am feeding them too much?)

Here is a pic of the roo sitting down and some of the hens (I have 5 and 3 are pretty big and two are not)

33539_dscn5622.jpg

33539_dscn5304.jpg

33539_dscn5297.jpg

33539_dscn5517.jpg

33539_dscn5516.jpg

33539_dscn5313.jpg

They're nice , deep bodied , meaty looking hens ; besides the fact they are an attractive colored flock to grace your yards . Thank's for the report and pics .

Back
Top Bottom