Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

I sat and debated with myself yesterday about which cockeral to use on my CX pullets since the Ameraucanas don't seem interested in a romantic relationship with the big girls . The WLRC was dancing for them through the fence before I moved him , but so far he's just not as meaty looking as the same age WLRC pullets . I decided to give a CX cockeral a chance at the pullets and he covered two in the 15 minutes I hung around to see what happened . Not sure he's getting them fertile , but its nice to know he's willing and able to try . I'll remove him today and continue to watch for fertile eggs . Hopefully jealously will inspire the Ameraucana and I should be able to tell the difference between chicks sired by an Ameraucana and those by a CX ; it would have been more difficult to seperate those sired by a WLRC from the Ameraucana crosses .

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes , CX over CX for two days while leaving the Ameraucanas in also . I took him out yesterday , got my first fertile appearing egg from that pen today . Who's the daddy
idunno.gif
. I have no idea how long before a egg is laid the rooster must have to be the sire ; but pretty sure I will be able to tell by the chicks who belongs to who . Hoping to get more fertile eggs coming and start saving some for the bator next week .
I also got my first egg from the other pen which contains my CX cockerals and all my pullets except the CX ; it was not fertile .

By the way , two days with receptive pullets sure changed that CX cockeral . He was walking around in a very upright stance and pushing for a fight with the other two CX cockerals .

Hi Folks

Hay Katy I findly got on here. I have some pictures of my Redlace Cornish and My Dark cornish.
I am realy liking how there coming along. I got one pair of dark cornish about a month ago from
the breeder auction and the rest came from Ideal Hatchery. Let me know what you think. I have
read all of this foram and and it all sound great. Keep up the good work. The hatchery is coming
along great, We will be at 10,000 chicks per month by Feb. I am already getting orders for the
cornish cross chicks for our first hatch on Feb 23rd.

In also posted some pictures on the Marn Foram. I have some realy nice roosters nad some great hens,
Go check them out and tell me what you think. Tell Rusty's Woman to check them out to.

54453_black_marans_016.jpg

54453_black_marans_018.jpg

54453_black_marans_021.jpg

54453_black_marans_017.jpg

54453_black_marans_024.jpg

54453_black_marans_014.jpg

54453_black_marans_015.jpg

Here is one of my BCM Rooster
54453_black_marans_012.jpg

Hey baby!!!!!
I was thinking who in the heck is wooden animal???
Then I saw the AWESOME turkey avatar!!! xoxoxo
To all of my BYC friends this is my friend whom I speak of that owns the small hatchery nearby, he has really great stock and is always working to improve it according to breed standards (unlike MOST hatcheries) so please welcome him and feel free to give him S!@t about his spelling
smile.png
))))

So hey John, I lost TWO of my big white boys to heart attacks this weekend, I am so bummed.

Hi John!

I knew the moment I looked and saw wooden animal that it was you! Woot! Glad you finally made it here friend. I did scope out the Marans, what a variety. There seemed to be some very nice ones in there and I hope a few of them came from me.
Great looking Cornish too. Do you still have all the cool looking Quail. Sheesh you have gorgeous quail. The ones with blue...

Hi Katy--Yeah, yeah... I know I am a terrible friend. Never call, never write. However I have John the processors number! Hmmm I would say call me but, well... gosh I hate phones. Just hate them. Always dead or lost. I will call you with it. Really.

Hey baby??? Man... I have to move to Idaho!
big_smile.png
You would be lucky to get a "hey" in Ohio let alone a "hey baby"....

Welcome to the forum...

Quote:
Hay Hay Baby The number for John at the processing plant is 452-2309 or 541-262-3735
They are butchering this Thur. There is not enough hours in a day. I just did the home and garden show
in Nampa. Got some leads but did not sell a thing. I did pick up a cabinet job last week and two
bedroom set orders. I am busy again and still have a lot of work to do on my pins and waters to keep
them from freezing this winter. All the birds are doing pretty good. I am leaving this weekend for elk camp
will call you when i get back and do some more catching up. Thank you John

Back
Top Bottom