Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
Hay Rustyswoman.
Glad to here from you, Yes some of the birds i got from you are in the pictures. I just don't know
witch ones because I didn't band them. I have another 25 chicks that are about 8 -10 weeks old
have to wait and see what I get. I am not goin to start culling or moving birds until they start to lay.

And know I sold all the Quail I had. With getting my hatchery started and off the ground I just don't have
time to get that market going and they where costing alot to keep them all going. I will get back into
raising the Blue Scale In a year or two. They are my first chioce on the Quail. Thank you John

Quote:
Welcome to the meat thread . I just might want to order some of those dark Cornish next spring . Do you have a website ?

Hi Steve Thank you My website will be up and running about the end of Nov. For the hatchery, But if you want to
check my cabinet shop you can go to www.pinepride.com, Been doing cabinets and furniture for 17 years.
i will let you know when the hatchery web site is up and running. Thank you John

Quote:
Thank you Jeff

But I don't know but I would say buy your picture your doing very well. I mean that lady on your shoulder deserves a hay baby. LOL
And yes Idaho is a great state to live in but I am sure Ohio is to. When I first read your post I thought now who else is calling me baby.
I had to read it twice and then look at the name before i realized what it realy said. LOL thank you John

BAHAHAHAHA and who says the meat bird people don't have a sense of humor
big_smile.png

John - when are you leaving for hunting? I'm taking my birds in at 8:30 Fri morn, you up for lunch if still in town? I would like to see the size of your turks as compared to mine I got a girl finally; funny thing is she is a Blue Slate X Black Spanish like the toms I got from you, but she is blue . . . going to be cool chicks next year. Also check out some of steves pics further back in this thread he has some Hatchery stock WLRC that look a lot like yours you guys might have some talking to do on those. Boy that Royal Palm in your avatar sure is pretty.

Jeff
- I think Johns right your city girlfriend is making you look pretty good!
steve - I'm going to sneak over there and check oout those dark cornish . . . now that we know he is going out of town for the weekend and taking the guns and dogs with him . . . WELCOME TO IDAHO!

Quote:
I agree with this statement entirely, I bought a Dark Cornish Pullet from an individual who got her from a hatchery. She is a little smaller than what I have seen in good graded Dark Cornish, but she has been laying a 51.5 G egg every day for three weeks now. I wanted her for the Dark Cornish blood line, but I think I got an excellent layer instead. She's an obnoxious little pullet too, got quite the attitude.

Quote:
Sorry Katy I am leaving Thur. Night. The hen you got was the mother blue or black the mother of the ones you got from me was blue and the tom was black. Some times you just don't know what you will get. It goes back to what genes they have. I have some turkeys right noe that
are black and white spotted. They are some strange looking turkeys. I looked at steves birds they do look a lot like mine. I think my dark cornish look a little better than my lace cornish. I posted some pics on the Mrans Thread. Bev tells me I have three differant breeds of Marans.
They are all starting to look preety good. In still have about 25 chicks 8-10 weeks old that I am not sure what i will have. Thanks John

Ya, I do..... she is no longer a city girl though.... I guess I have spoiled her.

John....
lol.png
I wasn't callin' you baby.... I hate to disappoint but hey.... two "hey baby's" in one day isn't all that bad!

Quote:
Hay Rustyswoman.
Glad to here from you, Yes some of the birds i got from you are in the pictures. I just don't know
witch ones because I didn't band them. I have another 25 chicks that are about 8 -10 weeks old
have to wait and see what I get. I am not goin to start culling or moving birds until they start to lay.

And know I sold all the Quail I had. With getting my hatchery started and off the ground I just don't have
time to get that market going and they where costing alot to keep them all going. I will get back into
raising the Blue Scale In a year or two. They are my first chioce on the Quail. Thank you John

Oh John... they were so beautiful! That's ok, you can get more. Really, I have some chicks and or hens for you. I just need to see what you want. You were more than kind fixing my Humidaire and I appreciate it.

I need to figure out who is laying what and then come visit.

Next year I want some of your Turkeys. The Black Spanish (?) (the guy that loves you and lets you pet him) they are the ones I want. Just got to talk the hubby into them. He thinks they are mean. I am sure he has to be wrong. That boy was a lover!

I've been back and forth on whether to use him or not , but with my Ameraucana boys afraid of the CX pullets I decided the 5 and 1/2 month old WLRC cockeral would get his chance with them before I invited him in for supper . I culled one identical in size and shape but with almost no lacing plus another that was also mostly red but more slender of build . Not great pics , but you can get a feel for his build and color . I'm trying to breed a faux white Cornish for later crosses on my blue/green egg laying DPs .
44349_chickens_055.jpg

44349_chickens_053.jpg

And here are some 5 and 1/2 month old WLRC pullets and also a pic next to a same age CX cockeral that hopefully will see if CX over WLRC is better than WLRC over CX . The pullets are much shorter and more breasty than their male counter parts , at this age anyway ; also , on average , those with better defined lacing have also averaged a little more breasty for some reason . This first pic shows the breast developement better than the pics I got without the fence in the picture plus a CX cockeral behind her that's learned to push his neck into the creep feeder to clean up whatever is billed out on the ground by the pullets
duc.gif
; and the last pic has the one with the least defined lacing .
44349_chickens_056.jpg

44349_chickens_049.jpg

44349_chickens_052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom