Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

BAHAHAHAAHA . . . . you must have some screachy whiperwills in OK!
Man I wish I could go to that show maybe next year . . . what do you think steve? jeff? lol! we can all put up at Al's place . . .
I've never seen a rooster like that Tuzo, wow!

I've never been to Oklahoma.... but sounds like fun! I think by Al's profile pic that we wouldn't go hungry
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sorry , missed this post . I don't know if a Shamo would help you unless you're wanting to keep size up and add upright stance while slowing growth drasticly . Personally , I want to add straight Cornish from show stock if I add anything that grows slow and has low count egg laying abilities . [ Although I will be putting some CX x WLRC eggs in the 'bator ]

I met the retired chicken breeder living down the road from here ; I would not be allowed to post what he was breeding chickens for even if I wanted to . He bred Bantam Games ; but said also that he once conditioned and hauled , for another breeder , a Shamo that weighed in at 17 lbs and stood about 3 ft tall .

Quote:
Food for all Jeff, food for all LOL............. I love to see folks really enjoying good food while having a great time sitting at my table.

Arrowhead : Nice Darks.

AL

Thanks Al and Steve. Just getting started with these. I hatched them out this spring and had all cockerals, but just bought some pullets to start breeding with. I think Cornish are awesome and since I have so many Cockerals might as well try a bunch of crosses for fun.

Al, I don't know how you do it! I've been trying to find decent whites and no one will give the time of day. I must be looking in the wrong places!

Quote:
It doesn't appear that your darks are Hatchery stock from their look, I like that.
Cornish are awesome birds you are right there............. as far as whites, what can I say but yes they are impossible to get ahold of some. Shoot I find it easier to shoot a video inside a secret Masonic lodge ceremony than get some decent Standard whites LOL. I have been plugging away at getting mine for years litteraly, Heck even the mangiest dog get's warm spot on the sidewalk LOL.

As to why this is, I have my own idea's on this based in fact but It may not be suitable for this forum but true none the less, and that my fellow Cornish friends is a sad deal. All I can say if I ever get my Cornish flock to the numbers I want my true Cornish friends will be the first in line to get all I have to give, just to spite the old Crumudgen horders.

AL

Quote:
first WHO ARE YOU???? second WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE BIRDS???? lol, and third welcome to BYC and specificly the meat bird thread. I know we would all like to hear a little more about what you've got going on. Those are some very nice looking birds. See if you can get al to repost his white cornish pics and his friends birds as well, they're knockouts.

Back
Top Bottom