Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
Sorry , missed this post . I don't know if a Shamo would help you unless you're wanting to keep size up and add upright stance while slowing growth drasticly . Personally , I want to add straight Cornish from show stock if I add anything that grows slow and has low count egg laying abilities . [ Although I will be putting some CX x WLRC eggs in the 'bator ]

I met the retired chicken breeder living down the road from here ; I would not be allowed to post what he was breeding chickens for even if I wanted to . He bred Bantam Games ; but said also that he once conditioned and hauled , for another breeder , a Shamo that weighed in at 17 lbs and stood about 3 ft tall .

actually those are all things I am looking to add . . . your not helping curb my desire to aquire . . .
smile.png

Quote:
Food for all Jeff, food for all LOL............. I love to see folks really enjoying good food while having a great time sitting at my table.

Arrowhead : Nice Darks.

AL

there we go I am taking that as an invitation!

True friendship's are made stronger at the dinner table. An old Italian saying my grannma use to say was............ Italians live to eat.... not..... eat to live LOL. so true so true.

AL

Quote:
I have a few things working as we speak, but my experience has always been wait and see, as I have had many a deal fall through.
I had one of my prized Standard Cornish white hen's pass last sunday, she was old and I hadn't got an egg from her in over a yr, but I just had to keep her, mainly to keep the hulkster stay viable. The other hen's are in other breeder pen's gettin jiggy wit it LOL.

AL

Hi Katy! My name is Chad and I am a cattle breeder in the middle of no where Michigan. I started with just layers but caught the bug. I looked and looked, called and called but like Al said "hoarders" would not give anything up! Then a super nice breeder helped me out, and off I went. then, I went to the Ohio National and bought some pullets to start breeding and building. I will keep them pure and I also am going the CX route to cross with my Cockerals. I have some Lt. Sussex to cross with the CX and DC.

this is the quote that has hung in my kitchen forever, it's called "The real Reason"

There are things you do because they feel right
& they may make no sense
& they may make no money
& it may be the real reason we are here:
to love each other
& to eat each other's cooking
& say it was good.

Quote:
Chad : Sounds as though we have to bring you into the fold, Katy will have to show you the secret Cornish online handshake LOL.

AL

Quote:
ok, a midwestern cattleman with the chicken bug, who wants to keep some things pure and play meatie mad scientist with the rest . . . yep your one of us!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom