Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
Thank you Pepper , though I had no part in breeding them , or even picking them out . These were the two cockerals that did not make her final cut .

On another subject , one of my two CX cockerals has gone blue in the comb and wattles today , and is sitting down most of the time though still eating and drinking . I hope he lasts till after Christmas because I have no time to process him now . Gotta fly , so later .......

I had to read 6 pages of this post to catch up!!!
xoxox
luv u guys thanks for missing me
smile.png

Steve WOW!!!! those are gorgeous! I am so jealous everybody is getting new amazing stock but me . . . I have so many I won't cull I don't have room for any more, plus no really cool chicken shows to go to out here. My husband has 4 shops and I only have three chicken houses, maybe it's time for another!

Quote:
lol.png

Thank you for the compliment on my new cockerals ; I feel blessed to have a breeder so willing to sell me quality stock for cross-breeding purposes . [ But a little guilty about buying myself a Christmas present
tongue.png
]

While it came as no surprise , my next to last CX cockeral was on his back , dead of flip , on Christmas morning . While the other is still covering the girls , for now , nothing is seperated into breeding pens except the two DC boys . Those two have 4 CX , 3 EE , and my 2 best Ameraucana pullets to share .

I have one CX (f2?) left (and he attacted me the other day, nothing like an 18 lb roo going after your knees, I limped for days) the rest as you know flipped around 8 months. Not before producing though, and two of their sons (f3?) are now breeding strong at 16 weeks(??? I better check my dates on that one).

Quote:
Those Marans x CX were a really nice cross IMO , and its a shame you ran into the longevity problem with them ; here's too better success with the F3s
fl.gif

My white Ameraucana x CX , hatched 11/21 , may also have a temperament problem ; it already attacked my hand both yesterday and today as I reached for it . [ I'm already seeing three rows in the pea comb , though very light colored . Hoping its a pullet , but ........ ] Because its my only one , its still living
wink.png

Last edited:
I was worried aboout one of my AM lines being agressive. The darn things hit my hand every time I stuck it in the brooder when they were small, so I have been watching closely but they have out grown it now around 15 weeks. the black screamer line however is still referred to as the The Black Screamers jeez.

Back
Top Bottom