Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
Figured I would post pictures of the new Redwood incubators I bought this weekend. I would love to know how every one else works turning mine has the manual turners also how much of a fluctuation does every one else see in the temp be for it kicks on and off?

Figured I would post pictures of the new Redwood incubators I bought this weekend. I would love to know how every one else works turning mine has the manual turners also how much of a fluctuation does every one else see in the temp be for it kicks on and off?

Looks nice, my drawers have pull levers with straight hardward cloth type wire on bottoms. No wavy wires like yours. A few of the drawers have some cross metal rods, I assume to kinda hold the eggs from rolling all around. My water pan is on top of the trays & is the about half the size of the length and the total width. Its big.

I think I was premature on the heating element. after 45 minutes, its still only 55. I don't feel heat coming from the element, so I'm guessing the heat it has is from the lightbulb that is on. Guess I'm looking for a new heating element. Any suggestions?

Looks nice, my drawers have pull levers with straight hardward cloth type wire on bottoms. No wavy wires like yours. A few of the drawers have some cross metal rods, I assume to kinda hold the eggs from rolling all around. My water pan is on top of the trays & is the about half the size of the length and the total width. Its big.

I think I was premature on the heating element. after 45 minutes, its still only 55. I don't feel heat coming from the element, so I'm guessing the heat it has is from the lightbulb that is on. Guess I'm looking for a new heating element. Any suggestions?

I was worried about the heat on my as well it took it a couple hours to build up my heat element is the rectangle box you see on the bottom mine has two water pans one covers about 2/3rds of the bottom and the other covers a third of the bottom. I would make sure you give it a good chance to heat up I could feel the box on the bottom getting warm. There are two of the incubators but the fan on one of them does hum a lot louder then the other so I chose the quieter one I do not think I will ever fill up the one, let alone two of them so will probably only end up keeping one of them. The wavy wires are for egg placement but not sure what position the eggs are supposed to be in it and also not sure if I am suppose to skip a row or set them all up against each other. I am going to use my hovabators for hatching. I do like it so far just worried about how far it lets the temperature go down before kicking on.

Quote: I discovered an internet store that sells the heating element for $14. plus shipping, they also sell everything else you might need. My goal is to be able to keep it outside in barn, so I donn't have to give up space in my house. I currently have a Sportsman inside,but I want to try & keep as much "chicken" stuff outside as possible. They say, these keep the temperature even in our minus degree winters, so I hope this will work.

I discovered an internet store that sells the heating element for $14. plus shipping, they also sell everything else you might need. My goal is to be able to keep it outside in barn, so I donn't have to give up space in my house. I currently have a Sportsman inside,but I want to try & keep as much "chicken" stuff outside as possible. They say, these keep the temperature even in our minus degree winters, so I hope this will work.

Can you give me the link to where you found that at?

I probably paid too much, after seeing what hensey paid for hers...$275. But, Its warming up, everything seems to be working. I see what you mean about the heating element. It appears someone moved it from its original holders further apart. I'mm going to leave it there for now to see how it works. If it doens't keep the temps, I'll move the element back to original holders. I figure there was a reason they moved it...If I need a new element, where can I buy one? I probably should change out the wafer also. I have a new one, will do that later.

so, the drawers aren't as bad as I thought, so just wire brushing should do the trick. Apparently the outside condition of the wood is the worst part of it, and hopefully I'l be able to fix that up when the weather is better. I have it in the barn that is a warm 20 degrees. In 10 minutes the temps inside the incubator went from 33 to 57, and then I had to come inside to warm myself up...

For those of you that hatch waterfowl, I think my geese eggs will fit ok, but the babies won't be able to stand up I don't think. Is there a solution, or will I have to hatch them in my Genesis with more head room?

Thanks so much.

Marquisella - I don't think you overpaid - we got a 4H discount. I was super excited to find the one we got and even more excited that the gentleman selling discounted for the club. WIN! Does your bator have turners in it? Mine are w/o them.

I just picked up two KUHL 624 redwood incubators i only wanted one but the guy threw in the second one for free so two for $100. So far I like them I set the temp to kick off at 101.1 because it seemed to be letting the temp drop to 98.5 otherwise now it kicks on at 99.3 and turns off at 101.1 is this an ok temperature for chicken eggs? Also does anyone else use the manual egg turners with them? I am thinking about transfering the turners from my styro bators into it thought it might work.

What a steal! Yay!

Quote: They have metal pulls, that you pull out & it moves the bottom wire about 4 inches,.sothe eggs should roll about a half turn, then push back in the next time & the wire goes back. Hard to explain. The levers only move about 1 in. I have to do the pulling by hand. I don't know how it could be converted to automatic..unless someone bought the shelves like the Sportsman has & did that. But I want to hatch in it, so being able to leave the bottom shelve flat will work better.

They have metal pulls, that you pull out & it moves the bottom wire about 4 inches,.sothe eggs should roll about a half turn, then push back in the next time & the wire goes back. Hard to explain. The levers only move about 1 in. I have to do the pulling by hand. I don't know how it could be converted to automatic..unless someone bought the shelves like the Sportsman has & did that. But I want to hatch in it, so being able to leave the bottom shelve flat will work better.
So are you supposed to have the legs small end down or laying on there side

Back
Top Bottom