Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
Quote: Thanks for the compliments.
Did you adjust the temp control way out. IF the heating element is functioning at all it should get it up to temp. There is no in between either the heat works or not. IF the temp is not getting hight enough then it is either the wafer is turning off too soon or the ambient temp is too cold!

Quote: Thanks fro the compliment.

Quote: Thanks for the compliments.
Did you adjust the temp control way out. IF the heating element is functioning at all it should get it up to temp. There is no in between either the heat works or not. IF the temp is not getting hight enough then it is either the wafer is turning off too soon or the ambient temp is too cold!

Quote: Thanks fro the compliment.
Do you know Rodney Haefs? He buys & refurnishes redwood incubator. He told me to buy a new heating element.I'll try it. Obviously the heating element that came with it, isn't working well or it would go up. The new wafer isn't anywhere near to shutting off the heating so its not that. I don't mind running it because I keep water in it so it should be pretty well sealed by now. After I put the new heating element element I'll post how its doing. He says he has all his incubators in an unheated barn, somewhere in Wisconsin or out there a ways. That is what I"m looking for. I want to keep it out in the unheated barn in Upstate, NY.

Actually this is a staggered hatch there are over 120 in there I have a 634 egg capacity picking up 100 chicken eggs and about 75 quail eggs and some other eggs this weekend. I will be locking them down in my styro bators for now but my in the future use my second red wood bator for hatching but want to make sure it is a big hatch that I fire it up for if you know what I mean in the mean time I will use my small Bators for hatching I think this will be a good way of separating hatches by breed or origin because once they are out of there shell it is hard to tell them apart.

Actually this is a staggered hatch there are over 120 in there I have a 634 egg capacity picking up 100 chicken eggs and about 75 quail eggs and some other eggs this weekend. I will be locking them down in my styro bators for now but my in the future use my second red wood bator for hatching but want to make sure it is a big hatch that I fire it up for if you know what I mean in the mean time I will use my small Bators for hatching I think this will be a good way of separating hatches by breed or origin because once they are out of there shell it is hard to tell them apart.
Ain't it kind of scary having that kind of capacity? That is why I am unloading. Right now I have a 1600 capacity. A month ago it was 1768. That is pure danger

Yeah it is scary having that kind of capacity I am actually trying to find people who want me to hatch eggs for them. I am picking up 100 chicken eggs today 40 or so quail eggs and a dozen chicken eggs from another person that is a lot of eggs lol they will all be going in the incubator tomorrow should be interesting.

The eggs are set for the 4H fundraiser Chick Sale! We FILLED the bator to capacity at 416!!

We had more than the bator would hold so my MIL donated space in her cabinet bator too! All told, we set 644 eggs! Fingers crossed this hatch goes as well as the test hatches did!
fl.gif

I just got a request from someone to hatch out 60 olive eggers he is willing to pay me $1.25 per live chick. That will only take up one tray in my redwood excited to do it.

Back
Top Bottom