Reference to black chicks

I also got my chickens from McMurray hatchery. They are supposed to be from the Rare and Very Rare assortment. I really really like the Cochins but the white hen...not sure what she is yet is always at my feet looking to be picked up and held.

chicks8weeks002.jpg

I have 2 white ones, they are called White Langshans. Well if you got the rare assortment and I got the Featherfooted Fancies, Looks to me like McMurray calls them like they see them... that is in their opinion. That means we each got the same exact thing just called something different.

Hello CG,

Yes I suppose we did. Think we should complain a little? Anyway did you see the little black chick with the splashes of white? What the heck is he?? He got caught in the fence the other night well him or the one like him. it was odd his wings were stuck and I got them loose..then he had his head caught between two wires ...and he had a wire stuck through is chest. I had to cut the wire as it was attached at both ends ! I dunno how he got caught in the wire like he did but he is fine ....weird huh? I was sooooooo upset.

Thanks for all the help,

Kim

Last edited:
Hey CC, I don't know what kind that is, never seen one like it. But knowing mcmurry, it could be a mutt chick,
big_smile.png
, no offense to your chickey.
How is the one that got hung up in wire. No side effects?:eek: That's strange how that happened. I'm glad you were able to help him.
I really don't know what to say about McMurray. What do you think? Should we complain? I mean really stand behind your product no matter if it is a chicken or a computer. I don't think that McMurray is expecting us chicken lovers to get together and compare notes. But boy are they under estimating the power of the mighty chicken lover club!!!
cool.png

Last edited:
Hello CG,

I am not sure how he got caught in the wire. But I know he was trying to reach through the fence for food. Grass is greener?? Anyway, he had to be lifted off the wire after I cut it. I see no side effects at all. He is cheeping and happy but still sticks his dang head through the fence. As far as Mcmurray is concerned...I am happy with my chicks and I am sure when they get to be a bit older we will know what they are. I can't wait it makes me crazy. which is how I ended up here at this website. BTW I looked at your myspace. Nice place I am in indiana.

Kim

Thanks I appreciate that. We feel we've got a little piece of heaven where we are located.
I love my babies too. I don't think it matters as long as we are happy with what we have. However I have learned on here there are more options than what I had thought as far as hatcheries go. I've been looking for peacocks and have surfed through all of the hatcheries. Comparison shopping I guess you would call it. But still have had no luck on finding what I want.
Good to type (talk)with you Kim. I just love this forum. I thought I was probably the only crazy chicken lover around till I found this forum that is.

Von

Hello CG,

I am getting ready to get a pair of Royal Palm Turkeys and I already have guineas. I was afraid of chickens until somebody bought me some silkies...a possum ate all my hens though. I had a bad experience with a one legged rooster as a child and I thought I hated chickens....LOL Now I am hooked. Anyway here is one more chick I don't recognize and a picture of the view from my front porch.

chicks8weeks017.jpg

5df2re2.jpg

Hey CC, I have some like that too. I would guess that they are Dark Brahmas or Silver laced Cochins. At least that is what I am assuming. The one funny thing I've noticed about these is how they look when they are running. They look like the 2-legged machines on one of the Star Wars movies the one with the E-wok's. Do you know which one I'm referring to? I get a kick out of watching them run.
Looks like you have a beautiful country setting too. I sometimes wish I was farther off the main road. Too much traffic.
Did you ever count the toes on the Faverolle? Just curious.

Von

Are brahmas feather legged? Anyway...I have always loved watching the black ones run but never made the connection. Once you mentioned it I read it to my husband and he started laughing ..he immediately knew what you meant. The one only has four toes but I have one that is getting cheek feathers that stick out and I couldnt get a good picture of him. He is camera shy. He isnt the same color or anything but he has 5 toes. He is really a very pretty bird...I have pictures of him from the back only. You can see some of him in this picture he is behind the black bird.

chicks8weeks001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom