Reich Poultry Farms

jbly2014

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Tennessee
Has anyone had experience with Reich Poultry Farms? I'm ordering from them and hope for the chicks to be here next week.

They have pretty good prices. I'm ordering the mixed pullet special. 25 chicks for $48.95 and I'm also ordering the heavy breed special which is $12.95 for 25+2 free. Shipping is $18 for 50 chicks. So $80 for 52 chicks!

Last edited:
Checked out their website... no prices or anything. It looks like you have to call them to see. They say they carry ducks and turkeys, but only list the breeds of the chickens.

When will these hatcheries learn that if they are going to sell on the internet, they need to post prices. Most people aren't going to take the time to call and see what they have, they'll just find another hatchery.

I called and ordered a catalog but I was disapointed with the website as well. And I didn't find many reviews online.

I saw the ad in a magazine but it said red top chicks and when i called it was reich poultry farm.

Last edited:
This is a personal response with the intent to inform all of my experience.

I have ordered from Reich's for probably 8 years. They are a small company compared to other hatcheries. I have had good service,
prompt delivery and the right number of chicks with low delivery mortality
They have a limited selection of birds... the most popular, primarily. Order early...right after I order mine :)

If you get the package deals just realize that, like other hatcheries, unless it says pullet chick mix you are probably are getting mostly roosters and they can be noisy and may fight more that the Cornish roosters.

Their catalog looks more like a newsletter so don't be disappointed
Last I checked they are not vaccinated

They carry ducks, turkeys, Guineas

They are Amish family owned and operated. I'm amazed they have any web site at all
.I bought chicken and turkey peeps from Reich hatchery for many years. Low mortality rate of peeps.Timely shipping and good growth rate. I recommend them to friends and will continue to do business with them, 15 birds at a time.
A farmer near me orders over 1000 turkey poults or 500 chicks at a time and has done so for years. He says they have the best price and service he 's found.

Actually, the folks at Reich don't really target the internet market. The majority of their customers are Amish farmer, so internet marketing isn't that important. I've been getting birds from Reich's for way more than 10 years and have always found their service good and their staff friendly and helpful. If you desperately need to order via a website, they might not be the place for you, but if you make a phone call to them, you'll find what you need.

Back
Top Bottom