Rent a coop feeder cups

cityhomesteading

Chirping
Apr 22, 2023
Washington State
Hi all! I have 5&6 week old chicks and switched them over to a bucket feeder with these attached about a week ago. I have it at chest height for our smallest bird. I followed the directions on the package for attaching these to the bucket but it feels like the holes are just so small. Has anyone else had issues with these being too small and their flock having issues?

I’ve kept a bowl out for the littlest one because I haven’t seen her eat out of the new feeder. I think she is now but she’s kind of oblivious to the world. The others have all figured it out and I’ve seen them eating out of it.

I think my concern with the holes being so small is that the gravity component is bringing enough feed down and they just end up with the crumble dust.

IMG_3119.jpeg

I can't find instructions online but I found a video on the Amazon store of their products.
It looks like you do have the thingies in the correct position, but the hole just doesn't seem big enough like what's shown in their video. I don't know what's wrong.
Screenshot_20230523-202703.png

I can't find instructions online but I found a video on the Amazon store of their products.
It looks like you do have the thingies in the correct position, but the hole just doesn't seem big enough like what's shown in their video. I don't know what's wrong. View attachment 3516421
Thank you for looking! I’m going to dump the food out and try making the whole bigger later today. Kind of defeats the point of buying these because they have a slide to close the hole but they need to be able to eat.

Thank you for looking! I’m going to dump the food out and try making the whole bigger later today. Kind of defeats the point of buying these because they have a slide to close the hole but they need to be able to eat.
@aart did you make your own feeder similar to how these are made? Can't remember and I can't dig right now.

Back
Top Bottom