Rescue to take pekin duck

Jesiben

In the Brooder
May 10, 2023
I found 2 duckling pekins next to gas station and dealership crossing the road. My 12 year old, got yhe idea to save them. Because one of them look like he was going to died. I let her thinking that the two would died well one died the next day. The other one “pekin” is 6 weeks old and cannot find anyone that want him/her. I call a rescue farm animal and the day that I was going to take him they told me no because an animal kill 6 of the pekin that they had. I cant keep him, I live in a HOA and we have pekin inside the house in 2 dog kennels together. We take pekin out 3 times a day for an hour supervise, a mini pool for him/her and pekin is getting loud so we have to be careful. Anyone know a rescue or person that want pekin? I live in central florida.

Right on time, after Easter. People decide the ducklings aren't cute anymore, are too messy and too loud... Thank you for taking them in temporarily and I'm sorry one of them died.

You may want to put a message on your State forum here in the site. For Florida, it's this one:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/

Good luck and thank you again for rescuing this one!

OP are you in Florida? @ruthhope maybe able to help you rehome sounds like you have a female Pekin.

Bless you for rescuing this little one.
Sadly, until at least July, I am in Northern Virginia.

There are duck rescue groups and organizations around Central Florida. @Jesiben needs to search on Social Media and the internet using Google to find them. There are good people out thete that will take the pekin whether a duck or a drake.

Hello,
Still looking. I try another rescue but they dont rescue ducks.
Do you know how to PM someone @Jesiben look up to the right where your name is, and you'll see the envelope by your name click on that and you can start a conversation with @ruthhope

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom