Rescued ducklings... need some help.

How are things going? It may be too late to reunite the mama duck with the babies by now. If she is still around, you can try, but keep an eye out for any aggression from the mother. Otherwise, you will have to take them to a wildlife rehabber who will raise them to be wild ducks.

Sadly, sometimes you have to let nature take its course even if you feel the neighborhood is unsafe for ducklings. The only other thing you could do is try to shepherd the mama and babies to a safer location.

How are things going? It may be too late to reunite the mama duck with the babies by now. If she is still around, you can try, but keep an eye out for any aggression from the mother. Otherwise, you will have to take them to a wildlife rehabber who will raise them to be wild ducks.

Sadly, sometimes you have to let nature take its course even if you feel the neighborhood is unsafe for ducklings. The only other thing you could do is try to shepherd the mama and babies to a safer location.
we found the mama with a 13th baby and let her have her 12 others back. They are safe with mama now! :)

I am so happy my mistake didn't end with a sad mama and 12 orphaned ducklings. We also saw 2 other big ducks with them so their must be a whole flock around here I never even noticed before.

Back
Top Bottom