Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
In a couple of weeks on Saturday January 14th, 2017 there is a show in Lake City, Florida, Columbia County Fairgrounds. I'll be there with PLENTY of nice Pure Heritage Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island White cockerels 5 to 8 months old. I will also be bringing some White Leghorn cockerels.

In a couple of weeks on Saturday January 14th, 2017 there is a show in Lake City, Florida, Columbia County Fairgrounds. I'll be there with PLENTY of nice Pure Heritage Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island White cockerels 5 to 8 months old. I will also be bringing some White Leghorn cockerels.

I am very interested in the results of the show!

So do your chickens free range in the rain? Will the chickens be OK if they get wet and then it gets cold at night? The temp is supposed to be a low of 38 degrees tonight so I wanted to let them out to free range. Any thoughts?

So do your chickens free range in the rain?  Will the chickens be OK if they get wet and then it gets cold at night?  The temp is supposed to be a low of 38 degrees tonight so I wanted to let them out to free range.  Any thoughts?
They will be fine as long as they have somewere they can go thats dry, I dont free range because the hawks stalk my yard waiting for me to slip up and let one out, but I have a good sized run on my coop thats not covered its been colder than that and raining and theyve actually stood in the rain instead of going in the coop, they always go in at night and they are fine.

Last edited:
I have 10 RIR how old do they have to be before they can lay eggs?
Around 6 months old

Does the temp affect the laying process?
It can. Especially extreme heat and cold. Mine do well most of the year and only slow down or stop when they go through their yearly molts in the late summer and fall months.

Mine have picked back up, they were molting.
With that being said I have Rhode Island Red fertile hatching eggs for sale in TN. Big, Healthy and Antibiotic free! Reds are all I breed so I guarantee mine. These are of the production strain. Pm me with intrest or questions

I have a mixed flock but here are my two RIR. They are the oldest at about 3 weeks. They don't like to be picked up but when I sit on the ground outside they're perfectly willing to use me as a jungle gym.

Back
Top Bottom