Rhode Island Red + ? = ?

Sep 23, 2020
I had an Easter Egger Rooster that I had planned on breeding but unfortunately he was taken by a hawk... he will be missed. But now I'm left with my RIR Rooster to breed this year. It's my first time breeding. Through my research, I've read that if I breed my RIR with my White Leghorn I will get a Red Sex Link. If I breed him with my Mystic Maran I will get a Speckled Ranger.

Now I also have a Buff Orphington, Silver laced Wyandotte, Golden laced Wyandotte, Grey and Black Australorp, Light Brahma, and a Plymouth Rock.

What will I get if I breed these girls with my Rhode Island Red? I'm too curious of a person to just start breeding and guess the breed. I'd like to know behaviors, egg colors/quantity, and hardiness that I may get.

Thanks so much in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Attachments

• 20210730_181701.jpg
    20210730_181701.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 50
I had an Easter Egger Rooster that I had planned on breeding but unfortunately he was taken by a hawk... he will be missed. But now I'm left with my RIR Rooster to breed this year. It's my first time breeding. Through my research, I've read that if I breed my RIR with my White Leghorn I will get a Red Sex Link. If I breed him with my Mystic Maran I will get a Speckled Ranger.

Now I also have a Buff Orphington, Silver laced Wyandotte, Golden laced Wyandotte, Grey and Black Australorp, Light Brahma, and a Plymouth Rock.

What will I get if I breed these girls with my Rhode Island Red? I'm too curious of a person to just start breeding and guess the breed. I'd like to know behaviors, egg colors/quantity, and hardiness that I may get.

Thanks so much in advance for sharing your knowledge.
Any hen with white barring would produce a sexlinked chick.

Back
Top Bottom