Rhode Island White Thread

Arron...Glad to see you are working on the breed. Go a head and show us what you have. No one on here that I know of will judge you but just give you maybe some helpful advice.

Have you joined the Rose Comb Rhode Island White group on Facebook?

Here is the link...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RCRIW/

There are several fairly good breeders in the group that might be able to help you out.

Here are a few pictures of my line of RC RIW's...
Pullets...

Here are a few Cockerel pictures...

I still have work to do on them but they are coming along fairly well.
Thanks again...I will check out the group on fb.

Cmom, How did your RC Red Sex Links turn out?

They turned out well. I also had some RC Black Sex-Links. I decided not to pursue them anymore and just concentrating on my Reds and Whites, my avatar. I do have some White Leghorns and Brown Leghorns too but these are the only breeds now that I'm going to work with. I have a dozen coops with nice big pens but running out of space so I'm downsizing.

So with your sex-link red males on white females ... it worked out well for you and you could sex them out? Did you end up with a lot or some of them coming in as SC instead of RC?

I realized I never answered this. I had sex-able at hatch both RC and SC Sex-Links both Red and Black. I wasn't too happy with the White Wyandotte in the RIW's so I have sold all of those birds. I now have more pure RC RIW's. The birds with the White Wyandotte in them seemed to look, in body shape, more like the White Wyandotte not like my pure RIW's and I like to show my birds at poultry shows so I'm concentrating on my pure breeds.

Back
Top Bottom