rice?

vclark321

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Bonney Lake
Another question for everyone. Can I give the girls cooked brown rice as a part of their diet or is this a treat only kind of thing? Can I use it in a flock block? Only after it is cooked, of course. Thanks everyone!

I feed mine left over rice...they love it...but it is high in starch, and that is not the best thing for them, so limit it as a treat.

Good to know! Thank you. I am a lacto/ovo vegetarian and my daughters bought me 50 lbs of brown rice to add to the 20 lbs I already had! The girls will get a nice treat.

smile.png

Last edited:
My picky birds love brown rice, it's one of their very favorites. They will eat white rice too, but aren't nearly as enthusiastic about it. Brown rice is quite nutritious, but I still only give them a little at a time, maybe a tablespoon or so each. I've got a small container leftover from today's Thai lunch, it'll provide their evening snack this whole week!

That is funny! My girls are such pigs! They can pack away anything I give them. I call them Chunky Butts! I have some rice on the stove now for later. They are watching me clean the guttwrs right now. Trying to figure out how to get up here!!

Back
Top Bottom