Ringneck eggs

Mmohammad

Hatching
Apr 19, 2015
Our female rigneck started laying eggs. and one day we noticed she had laid about 13-14 eggs, out of which she threw out the shell of one egg that seemed to be rotten. So probably she broke it. She sat on the eggs for more then 2 months but non of the eggs hatched. when she used to move i checked some of the eggs seemed to be rotten already, we threw the eggs and let her hatch new. Few days later we noticed around 4,5 black worms around 1-1.5 inch long. they are black in colour having white stripes. We believe they are coming out of the house we have fit in their cage. everyday we kill around 3,4 such worms. the female ringneck is breeding and we dont want to move her. Is there any way we can kill those worms which we believe are coming out of their house??? Suggestions needed urgently. TYIA

Anything you use to kill insects in the nest will be harmful to the eggs. If you disturb her, you risk her going off the nest. If you have an incubator, you can take her eggs, candle them, and incubate them.

If you want to get rid of these worms, millipedes, centipedes or whatever they are, I don't see where you have a choice but to provide a new clean broody box and move her, at night. But I'd do it without eggs, maybe set some golf balls to see if she continues to sit. A move might break her broodiness.

Back
Top Bottom