Ringnecks pipping. Pics.. *HATCHED*...More pics.

Quote:
That is possible, but please keep us posted how it goes. I don't ever open the incubator..especially for pheasants because humidity is so critical for their hatching success. They tend to hatch more aggressively when there are others in there running around. I know what you mean by how crazy they are in the hatcher, but it seems to work well for them and results in a better hatch. Good luck.

Jody

I think i learned the hard way Jody that i did indeed interfere with the hatch by opening the bator and changing the humidity. I lost two that were jist about done zipping. When i took one out yesterday the humidity dropped about 10% for about 25 minutes and those 2 died on me.
sad.png

Now i have two dead ones in there partialy zipped but i still have 9 more to g:hmmne jist hatched out about 10 minutes ago and two more are pipped but the rest have done nothing yet and today is day 25. I'm afraid to open it again now and remove the dead ones *sigh*. I plan on leaving all alone till day 27 before i call it a done deal.
I am certainly learning from this for the next batch of eggs and , i guess i gotta accept the dead ones as God providing food for my snakes.
Jim

Glad to know you were able to recover and have such a great testimony of your life choices. I am dabbling with asking my husband help me fix one more room in my barn for quail and pheasants. Not sure how that will go over. I am biding my time until the ducks settle in. LOL

Quote:
Quail.........mmmmmmm.
wink.png
Maybe they won't have personalities and i'd be able to grill one er two...Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol
Are quail eggs easy to hatch ?
Sure wish i had a barn. There is one right across the street that isn't bein used. ......mmmmmm
Do you know if pheasant need and or will use a coop ?
We are surrounded by hundreds of acres that is owned by our neighbor. Ultimately i would love to be able to turn some o' these pheasant loose and have 'em live around here. We know how that usualy goes tho. Free food.

This little one didn't make it. It jist gave up while pipin.
sad.png

Picture006Small-3.jpg

Picture004Small-4.jpg

I had 2 more showin the same signs so i jist interviened and so far so good. They are floppin in the hatcher(good sign) but they are still in God's hands.

Quote:
Boy, that is an understatement !!!!! When they first hatch, they are ALL FEET LOL But then, they are desigend to "hit the ground runnin".

Back
Top Bottom