Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Hen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bairdfamily

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
OK So Big "Momma" (tbd) is about 6.5 months old and not laying, started being aggressive to me and other chicken but I do not see the spurs on her/legs, Also she/he has started crowing...not really a cock-a-doodle-doo more like a CLUCK CLU CLUCK CLUCK! ....ive tried to research and this is my first batch of having chickens EVER. Please help me whats your opinion...Hen
bow.gif
or Rooster
ep.gif

this pic was from yesterday^^^

This picture was about a month ago^^^

Hate to be the one to say it first but I'm 99% sure that's a rooster. Here is my RIR rooster. This is a complete guess but I thin he is in the 7 month old range in this picture. His tail isn't quite fully feathered, but the comb is quite large.

That's a rooster. Spurs are a poor way to determine gender as some roosters don't get them til quite mature, and some hens have wicked spurs. But the saddle and hackle feathers, plus the crowing, all equal male.

Yep, rooster. We had 15 chickens (suppose to be all hens). One was larger and much prettier than the rest. Never sounded like a rooster until about 8 mos. Comb was much larger and brighter, feathers were shinier and had shades of blue/green.

You have got yourself a fine rooster!!!! I used to have a rooster like that. Till he got too aggressive.....
He's got spurs. thats a big neon sighn that screams, "I AM A ROOSTER!!!!" I have a lot of chicks and I am wondering about one of them.......
hmm.png

Thanks EVERYONE Looks like Big Momma (What a poor choice in naming) is a Big Pappa....Oh my Oh my. What to do.

Back
Top Bottom