RodNTN's Animal Show!

thumbsup.gif

Name: Ferguson
Breed: Parakeet, not sure of the mutation
Username: DuckGirl77
Ferguson is the friendlier of the two older parakeets I have. He likes to sit on people's heads and will do just about anything for millet!
Category: beautiful

Awww ferguson is super pretty! I used to have a parakeet hen that looked like him, but with grey wings. Her name was Tica. She passed away a year ago, so I thought Lyndsey needed a new friend. So now she has Tippi, a odd colored Rosy Bourke. And of course my sweet little canary boys. It's quite loud here in the morning!

aww! Thanks for entering!
Awww ferguson is super pretty! I used to have a parakeet hen that looked like him, but with grey wings. Her name was Tica. She passed away a year ago, so I thought Lyndsey needed a new friend. So now she has Tippi, a odd colored Rosy Bourke. And of course my sweet little canary boys. It's quite loud here in the morning!
Thanks. I love my little guy!
Wow that must be loud! And I thought my house was loud! Well, it is, but not that loud. The baby birds are getting louder, though.
Where did you get a Rosy Bourke?! Or are they more common than I think? They are so pretty, but all the pet store around here has are the normal colored parakeets.

Ok, this makes me have to show off our Rosa Bourkes. We are intending to breed them and hand raise some babies but they haven't quite got their technique sorted! We live in hope!

Name: Pinkie Pie (I call her Miss Pink)
Breed: Opaline Fallow Rosa Bourke
Username: JaeG

Pinkie is smart and untrusting of our children - she grumbles at anyone who gets too close to her cage!

Name: Fred
Breed: Rubino Rosa Bourke

Fred is a rare mutation in New Zealand. He was expensive and had to come to us via pet courier (again, not cheap). He is a very gentle bird and will help Pinkie sit on their (unfertilised) eggs, even persevering after Pinkie has given up on them. They will move out to an aviary once we get it in place and the weather warms up. They sing so beautifully, especially Fred.

Beautiful category

Back
Top Bottom