RodNTN's chat thread!

Good idea. Figure out where your state vet lab is (or find a vet who deals with chickens), and next time one dies, but it in a ziploc bag, and refrigerate it til you can get it to a vet.

I have absolutely no clue what it could be..... Maybe the vaccine backfired? :idunno

Possible, I have no idea. My friend got 300 and gave me 22, from the same shipment, and 3 of hers have died now. She said a few is normal. 1 in 100 deaths for her, mine are almost half!!!

Last edited:
No. Although they were showing no signs of overheating, I think that is the problem.

Okay. I've never had to deal with cocci, so I don't know too much about it besides bloody poop :p :/

But I suppose that's a good thing for me :yesss: :lol:

No. Although they were showing no signs of overheating, I think that is the problem.

My thermomometer is stuck at 95 F, the perfect temp but I think it is broken because we raised the heater and the temp didn't move even a millimetre.

Last edited:
Okay. I've never had to deal with cocci, so I don't know too much about it besides bloody poop :p :/

But I suppose that's a good thing for me :yesss: :lol:

Well, thanks for the help anyway. :hugs We have a friend who has not ordered chicks yet, well add to hers for 10 or so more and pray for the best! :)

My thermomometer is stuck at 95 F, the perfect temp but I think it is broken because we raised the heater and the temp didn't move even a millimetre.

Faulty thermometers have been the ruin of me multiple times. :oops:
Any chance you could get a replacement STAT??

Back
Top Bottom