Rooster Chat

Can roosters sense fear?...
Had a friend over and we were walking around the chickens. I left her for a moment and when I turned around the rooster tried to spurher. Thankfully though his spurs aren't sharp enough to do anything!
He did the same thing to a family member who's scared of the rooster.

Can roosters sense fear?...
Had a friend over and we were walking around the chickens. I left her for a moment and when I turned around the rooster tried to spurher. Thankfully though his spurs aren't sharp enough to do anything!
He did the same thing to a family member who's scared of the rooster.

I don't think they can sense fear. But they can probably tell when someone is timid around or nervous them

I don't think they can sense fear. But they can probably tell when someone is timid around or nervous them

Well after that I've been nervous around him and he doesn't spur me.
Maybe it's just because they are people he hasn't seen and is trying to establish a new pecking order?
I runs up to me and acts like he'll spur me but does nothing. Maybe he's testing me?

Well after that I've been nervous around him and he doesn't spur me.
Maybe it's just because they are people he hasn't seen and is trying to establish a new pecking order?
I runs up to me and acts like he'll spur me but does nothing. Maybe he's testing me?

If he does don't again don't back down and show submission but don't step forward or look like your a threat and give a reason to attack. My cockerel shoulder walked me the other day. My old roo did that when he was going to attack. When my cockerel did that I walked right up to him and picked him up. I showed him I wasn't afraid and that I was incharge. He's good now, he doesn't try anything and let's me come up and rub his comb and wattles

His weight isn't the only thing though....he would probably see me reaching for him as a threat

When you pick him up squat down so you look smaller. Chickens predators come from the sky so if you come from above they might see it as a threat. So squat down and slide your hand under his chest and pick him up from there. Once you get hold of him rub his comb and wattles they like how it feels.

When you pick him up squat down so you look smaller. Chickens predators come from the sky so if you come from above they might see it as a threat. So squat down and slide your hand under his chest and pick him up from there. Once you get hold of him rub his comb and wattles they like how it feels.

Okay thank you Flock Master!

Back
Top Bottom