Rooster mounting

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
Hello all,

I just saw my senior rooster mount one of the new girls that I have yet to catch on game camera lay an egg yet. Does that indicate if she's laying or getting ready to start? Her and 3 others are in the average age range according to the interwebs that they will start laying 20-24 weeks. The newcomers are turning 22 weeks on Monday.

Thanks

Edit*
I did notice that her and her breed sisters combs and wattles have become vibrant red which can be indicative but they've been vibrant since before the 20 week stage.

This could me so. You say they’ve been red for a while… usually they turn red a few weeks ahead of time, so I’m sure she’s pretty close. Had she let him do it?

This could me so. You say they’ve been red for a while… usually they turn red a few weeks ahead of time, so I’m sure she’s pretty close. Had she let him do it?
It appeared she allowed him to do it. But I wasn't focused on the birds I was letting the pack of dogs outside to do their business and looked over. She didn't fight him off but im not sure if he was chasing or not.

If she did, that’s a really good sign. I would expect and egg in the next week.
Good to know! When he and the girls his age were at that 20 week range. I didn't notice him do his duty. It may have been because of work and him carrying out said duties while we weren't present.

I'm just hopeful she hasn't been laying elsewhere and the older girls breaking them. The older girls seem a bit spiteful😂.

Back
Top Bottom