Rooster or Hen

I'm afraid I already know the answer, but...
Rooster or hen? This barred rock is about 2.5 weeks old, and looks much different than the other two I got (I'll post their pics next). Not the best pics, but this one is more gray than black, with more white on the wings, and really no dark coloring on the legs like the other two. At two days old, this one had a perfectly round light spot on the head, which I thought was supposed to indicate a female, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance for the help!
This bird does look likely to be a rooster. You should know for sure by 6ish weeks.

I have 4 chickens, a silkie(4 months old, the rest are around 7 weeks), an americauna, and 2 astralorps (they told me one of the black ones was a bantam, but I dont think so,) i want to see if y'all can tell me it theyre roos or hens

Two blacks look to be cockerels. You do not have an Ameraucana, that is an eater egger. An a Pullet. Silkies are really hard to sex but looks like a Pullet now

the black chicken looks like a rooster, but when they get older the males get bigger and pretty and they crow the males are louder than females ,females tend to be uglyer than males, and females are smaller, i don't know why the female are smaller and uglyer than the males, but they are,but duck are totaly different than chickens

yea all roosters crow
woot.gif

In most animals, the males are more elegant and beautiful than the female since they are the ones that are to impress their mates.

Back
Top Bottom