Roosters that DONT Crow!!!

Quote:
Oh i'm not buying him
tongue.png
I've heard that could be the reason for a rooster that doesnt crow.

PoultryQueen29

I don't think anyone meant that to be mean-more that they were thinking of how loud their Roos are and how nice it would be if they had a quiet one? Kind of a "Rooster=quiet" being an oxymoron kinda comment.... but thats just my humble opinion.

any rooster that doesnt crow is a hen in my definition. sorry but never have i heard of a non crowing rooster and even my roosters lowest in the pecking order still crow...all day...

To the OP: I think folks were trying to be humorous when they made their comments. Please, sweetie, don't take offense. Life's too short.
smile.png

I agree with others... a rooster that doesn't crow is called a hen. LOL. They all crow, even the rare breeds.

My white faced black Spanish stop crowing about 7 p.m. and start again about 3 a.m. I have a barnevelder that I thought didn't crow... until about 4 days ago. Proved me wrong! LOL!

They all do it. I know how you feel about wanting one, though. When I lived in town where I couldn't have roosters, I wanted one too. So we moved.

When I had two rooster my beta never crowed. My alpha crows some but not too much. I had to give my
beta away because the two boys could not get along well. But I never heard him crow, not once. I was disappointed
that I never got to hear him.

I am not sure if that answers your question or not, just that I would add my two cents.

Quote:
I'm sorry if I came off as rude, that was not my intention. Sadly, there is no rooster that never crows, but I know how you feel. There are some beautiful roos that I'd love to have!!! I thought I had a roo that wouldn't crow, a silkie that was 10 months old before that first dreaded crow came about. We did have him for 10 fun months though! We have decided to just invest in the prettiest hens there are.
smile.png

Quote:
:lol:even the boys of my three day old hatchlings are try to crow like squeaking mice....All the boys are crowing here. The only way to have a live rooster NOT crow, is to De-crow them or give....surgery. Possibly a sex change or hormonal therapy? lol

Back
Top Bottom