Rouen Duck thread

Male rouens don't quack . They sound like they have a sore throat and make raspy peeps. My females are quite mouthy and quack constantly.

Yes. . It's very raspy...but not exactly a peep..a local farmer told me more than likely male. . Who knows. . Doesn't matter either way. . Why does he flap his wings constantly?

Yes. . It's very raspy...but not exactly a peep..a local farmer told me more than likely male. . Who knows. . Doesn't matter either way. . Why does he flap his wings constantly?

Does he ever stop and settle down? Were the two raised together? The only reason I ask about them being together is because my 2 (unknown breeds, thought they were rouins)flap and puff up to look bigger when they are around my pekins who are 2 weeks older (and about 5x bigger, lol). The second no one is around, the flapping stops and they go about their normal business.

Last edited:
That's funny! My ducks acted the same way until they got used to each other. They are different ages . I think it's funny how they're naughty when mommy is watching. Does anyone else's rouens seem to like other the other duck's feet? My Emmett likes to nibble on the girls' feet.

Just finished hatching 5 more Rouens (from 8 eggs) bringing our count here to 16 total live rouens. Still 8 eggs in bator and a very very very slight chance that a BO that decided that duck eggs are her fancy is setting on fertile eggs. If not will swap out with chicken eggs or young, have not decided yet.

My home hatched ducks are growing like weeds compared to the 3 hatchery birds we have with them. Maybe a few days age difference but they are getting noticeably bigger. Need to figure out new housing soon.

That is him with my runner. . It's more like a fidget. He just moves his wings all the time. . Even when relaxing!

Her
Male rouens don't quack . They sound like they have a sore throat and make raspy peeps. My females are quite mouthy and quack constantly.

Here's my rouen and runner. . Now i have been reading all about them. Every site says something different. This week the ring around his neck has become lighter. .. does this mean for sure male?

Reminds me of mine. So adorable! I love ducks! And geese. And chickens. And turkeys. Move over crazy cat lady, mama is the crazy bird lady!

Here is one of the two drakes we've been breeding with rouens and cayugas .

It is a mallard but it's a domesticated one , the other mallard has more of a white bib in the very center of it's brown chest . 26 more day until the first of the two mallards and a Cayuga's off spring will be hatched .

Back
Top Bottom