Rouen Duck thread

I have never had ducks before so I don't know what and when to expect things. My pair is 14 weeks old today and I caught them trying to mate:eek:! I thought this seemed a bit early. When should I be expecting eggs?

It turns out not a predator attack, but my aggressive overly horny drake. Now I am looking for the hen saddles that will fit a Rouen hen. All I can find are for chickens not ducks. She has most of her back feathers missing at this point. 

Not sure what will help given the duck in the pic is a drake based on bill color and head color.

Clint

My rouen 4/5 weeks old. . His first set of feathers are coming in!

Hey, I've got 3 left after a hard winter. 1 girl and 2 boys. She has been laying eggs in random places. Are they ok? Should I put them in a nest? Or are these some she is letting go?

It turns out not a predator attack, but my aggressive overly horny drake. Now I am looking for the hen saddles that will fit a Rouen hen. All I can find are for chickens not ducks. She has most of her back feathers missing at this point. 

Not sure what will help given the duck in the pic is a drake based on bill color and head color.

Clint

Actually she knows that it's a girl so you don't need to be giving her false information

Our Rouen ducks are just over 9 weeks old... This one In front is definitely a drake. Still not sure about the others!

I'm not sure if these two are drakes... The left one looks like a female but the one of the right looks like a drake because of the darker feathers around the beak.

Here is all five of our Rouen ducks, they are 9 weeks old now. I am thinking we have three drakes and two females. The females being one the farthest from the camera in the middle of the picture and the other one is on the right side closest to the camera... Any thoughts?

A better picture of the four we are not sure of... Who's a drake and who's a female? I think two drakes and two females. The other Rouen we have is definitely a drake as he has green in his face lol

Back
Top Bottom