Rouen Duck thread

I need some help. Whaty could have caused this type wound on my one rouen hen

It is a small puncture in the back of her neck. She is missing a large number of feathers off her back and she is not walking very well. I have moved her into the garage in an extra large storage tote. I cleaned the wound. She is not happy about not being with the rest of the flock, but I have no clue what could have down this.

I sent the picture to my husband. We will be moving the video cameras to show the pens.
EL Chupacabra
(JK)(JK)

Last edited:
I've seen that only once , in a Muscovy it was wierd . It was belled ing because it was attacked by a raccoon but it's better now and flying well .
It turns out not a predator attack, but my aggressive overly horny drake. Now I am looking for the hen saddles that will fit a Rouen hen. All I can find are for chickens not ducks. She has most of her back feathers missing at this point.

It turns out not a predator attack, but my aggressive overly horny drake. Now I am looking for the hen saddles that will fit a Rouen hen. All I can find are for chickens not ducks. She has most of her back feathers missing at this point. 

I know that a couple of people at least make those saddles just for ducks and I think maybe even geese. (Think I saw them on FB? Can't remember)

But if you're a bit handy get the pattern for a chicken saddle online and "upgrade" it for your Rouen! Just remember, the closures have to be pretty strong for your drake or even hen can't open them!

Last edited:
Quote:

ROFLMBO Me sew? Ain't happening. I can't sew a straight line. My Mother tried to teach me. They tried in school. I can cut it straight, I can baste it straight, but sew it straight just does not happen. I would rather pay somebody that has the ability to do it. Now if somebody was willing to barter some hand knits ( IE hand knit socks, hats, scarves, mittens, sweater, Cowl, Shawl, etc... ) I think we could work out a deal.

Fernie, if you're on FB go to some of the pet, duck and waterfowl groups there and just ask. I'm pretty sure someone has done some or could make some for you. Always worth a chance... Unless you want me to ask on there?

Fernie, if you're on FB go to some of the pet, duck and waterfowl groups there and just ask. I'm pretty sure someone has done some or could make some for you. Always worth a chance... Unless you want me to ask on there?

Thanks Sam, but I already asked on there. I am not very found of the drake. His personality is a bit too aggressive towards the younger hens.

Back
Top Bottom