roul roul partridge pen build

Wolrep

Songster
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Today I started my roul roul partridge pen build. The pen is going to be 8x8x7. Got in the main poles and the base today. Used 2"x16"x8' for the base birds and put 4" of them under ground. Inside the pen I'll be putting 1ft of sand for the birds. It is being built over a existing low light plant garden so during the summer it will be well planted which is what the birds love. Just picked up a 100ft roll of 1/2"x1/2" wire. I will be updating every day as I build on the pen. Any advice or suggestions feel free to give. As of now when the pen is done there will be a pair of roul roul partridge and a pair of zebra doves. Anyone have any finch suggestions?

Thanks for the info tony. I am in central Florida. It's 65f outside right now. Summer it's high 90s during the day and mid 70s at night, winter at night average mid 50' and mid 70s during the day.

Cocktiels,rosellas man with those temps the list is endless.You can choose whatever you want.I like the scarlett grasskeets,lots of brilliant colors and they will set and hatch their own chicks.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thanks for the bird suggestions tony.

Got the main cage frame done today. Tomorrow the wire go's on.

Back
Top Bottom