*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Look how white my black Runner and my blue Runner are getting at 3.5 yrs old
52C29443-2CC3-4177-84B5-C55A289C9788.jpeg
861A9DDE-7DF0-498C-9163-BA2728662804.jpeg

Oooh I love it! Black-based female runners can soon outgrow shows because of their tendency to get white feathers.. but I love to have a duck that I know will change over the years; and probably will be more white then black when I give her a good life.. the more white they get; the more of an badge of honour as an owner it is that you gave her such a good long life that she turned white

I breed black runners only; I could only find black high show standard ones in Germany, no other colours. Black is a nice colour. I'm happy. We also have 1 white runner mix (avatar)... my partner keeps whining he wants more white ones because they look so cuuuuute.. and now I can just say; have patience.. you will get your whites ones ;)

I love black and it’s kind of funny my ducks came from chocolate blue and silver Runner not a blk in the bunch my friend in Idaho sent me eggs and my Muscovy hatched them.

Genetically that's really logical. Like really logical. Chocolate, black and silver are mere black-based extensions and one is sex-linked. But it is on the other hand uncommon; once they have the blue gene; it's hard to get rid off. It must be a delight to suddenly have one black duckling. The silver must have been Bb + bad genes instead of BB/cc. Or something. Like my last drake. He appeared BB/cc but just was a Bb with increased white feathers (flaw, not true silver) and brown feathers (flaw; not chocolate). Beautifull drake by the way; but his children showed his true colours heehee! And he was not what he appeared to be! Just a beautifull tramp. But the fun thing is; you can get a lot of suprise ducklings! :)

I think I have a picture still. Sorry Silver is used different in Europe and the U.S. I might have ment lavender; which only excists in the U.S. and is (unfortunately) not recognized here. The blue/chocolate combo. I think you can imagine why I though he was a blue/chocolate combo.. lol nope; just a blue one with terrible brown feather flaws heehee.

Noring003-1.jpg

Now I think that is beautiful! You don’t have him any longer? I have 5 blk 1 blue and 1 silver

I think his colour is beautifull too! But unfortunately it is not an "colour". Just an wonky accidentally mash-up that looks like an certain colour. He went away with 5 of his ugly sons that were all blue with massive brown spots; and lives on a big terrain now where he gets really spoiled. A friend wanted ducks; on the terrain he rents a house for immigrant workers. 6 muscular polish guys. These 6 muscular Polish guys fell in love with these 6 ugly ducklings; and actually COOK for them daily! Haha! I love it when you need to let a duck go and it ends up in a better place.
The new drake now is a black one from Germany again. Pure-bred. Might have a chance of carrying chocolate! But probably not.. everything is going to be black as night here.. non-stop batman farm this will become :')

A bit jelly you can acutally get silvers where you live. Or chocolate. Also jelly how easy people in U.S. and U.K. can get those fawn & whites. I'm not interested in that colour; but it is such a clear reminder how "available colours" are only there when people make an effort. It's white, blue and trout only here; nothing carries anything exciting. In my point of vieuw.

Back
Top Bottom