runner ducks

I lost two of my Muscovys to cars. The brats won't stay on their own side of the road. I hope they get along with any runners I get. The Muscovys like to sit on our back deck with us as they free range. I expect I will let the runners free range also as long as I can find some chicks or eggs.

Sgray i lost a few to the cars too. They seemed to enjoy the cars slowing and stopping for them. They would stand there and do that head bob thing to each other like they were laughing. Well most of those ones are gone now, I think I lost 2 to the road and I sent the other ones to the auction. Some of my girl sleep on the back porch, making a big mess, but they feel safe there.

I love my Runners,, and my hen is very fertile too, all of her eggs have been good. My baby Runner is a week old tomorrow and has a good personality. The only animals I've seen my Runners aggressive towards is a stray cat that comes in to eat, they'll chase him. The make noise when a stranger comes in the yard, and they hiss like crazy and let them know they aren't welcome. They do fit through tight places though so if you need to pen them make sure it's small gauge wire.
Kate

Back
Top Bottom