Runner Ducks

ChickenJill

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 14, 2010
Will my runner ducks once grown be able to fly at all? I am wondering if they will be able to get into my hot tub.....

Only on chilly winter nights when you are out of town will they try and party in the hot tub.
lau.gif
But seriously...How high is it? The lure of water may be appealing- but runners cant fly great heights. They can kind of Climb / fly if they can get a good footing on something and flap their wings to get up.

They can't fly very high, it's more like a run and jump and then back down to the ground. I don't think they can fly up to the hot tub, but they sure can walk up stairs just fine!! Mine would sit on the hot tub in the morings with my dogs because it was warm. Too much poo so we had to move the stairs away from the tub. Now we just see them at times standing on the top stair wondering what to do!?

They wont get into your hottub, but doesnt every hottube have some sort of cover?? lol to keep heat in when not in use?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
The first time we left the ducks at home with the dog sitter, I said to my DH I wonder what the runners are doing... his response... they are probably partying in the hot tub!!
lau.gif

But seriously...How high is it? The lure of water may be appealing- but runners cant fly great heights. They can kind of Climb / fly if they can get a good footing on something and flap their wings to get up.

x2! My runners have not been able to get into or onto the hot tub even with the steps in place, but mine is sitting on top of the deck, not sunken in.​

Back
Top Bottom