Runny green poop AFTER worming.

geez - I thought those white things could be worms. I think I figured out who the green pooper is. She’s separated out and pretty listless. Won’t eat mash so I’m trying rice. Gave her some poultry cell via syringe. No respiratory symptoms. Hope I can get her to eat.
They looked like urate strands. They arnt roundworms nor tapeworm strands. I've dealt with most poultry worms except gapeworms and eyeworms. However, I know how to treat them.

No, do not reworm them, nor give them corid. Go ahead and mix the buttermilk and cooked rice in the naturewise feed and give it to all your birds to eat. They need to eat after worming. Then wait a couple of days and if there is green poop again, try to find and isolate the guilty bird. Then we can discuss treatment for a possible ecoli infection.
agreed,

How sick is she?
She free ranged yesterday but rested more than the others. There were a few mites on her vent to I bathed her and put her in the sick bay. She didn’t drink very much if any on her own today and might’ve pecked at the rice - but only a tad if at all. I’ve given her 3 syringes of water / yolk today and will increase frequency now that I’m home from work. She’s pooped 3 times - all green. Thursday was the 5th day of safeguard and corrid. She fought me when I bundled her up for fluids and her legs were pretty darn strong.

Attachments

• 8C9537BA-C0B8-4075-BDDB-75C1D9534672.jpeg
    8C9537BA-C0B8-4075-BDDB-75C1D9534672.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DF0888FE-0667-4C1F-A906-F5A2DBFC8610.jpeg
    DF0888FE-0667-4C1F-A906-F5A2DBFC8610.jpeg
    728.8 KB · Views: 5
She free ranged yesterday but rested more than the others. There were a few mites on her vent to I bathed her and put her in the sick bay. She didn’t drink very much if any on her own today and might’ve pecked at the rice - but only a tad if at all. I’ve given her 3 syringes of water / yolk today and will increase frequency now that I’m home from work. She’s pooped 3 times - all green. Thursday was the 5th day of safeguard and corrid. She fought me when I bundled her up for fluids and her legs were pretty darn strong.
5th day after finishing the worming, I mean.

I hope you got all the mites. Mites suck blood, cause anemia, then death. Red mites can infect chickens with spirochetes. You also have to treat coops, nest boxes, roosts etc in order to eliminate mites. Permethrin liquid concentrate or Permethrin dust will take care of mites and will require retreatment in 10-14 days to kill nits hatched from eggs.

Update: She continues to barely nibble at her special mash and I haven’t seen her drink. I was syringing water but moved to crop feeding so she wouldn’t aspirate. We’ve done 3 crop feedings of water, poultry cell and baby bird food. She had 3 normal poops yesterday but this morning they were green again. Yesterday afternoon she ran around with the rest and was scratching and flapping her wings like she was happy. Her poop was green this morning. My concern is what to do next. We are leaving in 48 hours for 7 days and our pet sitter won’t be able to care for her like I have. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom