S n M Poultry Breeding pens(Even more Pics)

I didn't see it mentioned, but your roosts inside on that pipe, might want to make an acutal stand for it eventually, as I had wood going though some chicken wire before, and after about 2 years... it had a terrible sag to it. Guess you don't have to deal with blowing wind and rain eather! Lucky!

yea i was just out there making roots so that problem is now fixed. and i put my moderns in the ? pen. So the ? pen is now the lemon blue modern pen/ Poison Ivy, they really are great breding pens arnt they?

Last edited:
I love mine and like I said I plan on adding one more 8x8 pen. Then I ordered the auto water bowls and I plan on running one to each pen and two bowls to the main run. That way when I go on vacation water will be no problem. Then to make a few 50# feeders for each pen.

yea im gonna make about 5 more 8 X 8 pens and maybe split some into 4 X 8 and im about to go to the feed store and get some hanging feeders.

Looks good S n M.

Mine are like that too, and when it gets below mid 30's, I wrap plastic around for a little protection.

My whole structure is 48 X 12,
Right now I'm not using the lower 16 ft of it.
The remaining 32 X 12 is divided into 6 6 X 8 and 1
8 X 12 pens.
I will eventually have 6 8 X 12, maybe even divide a few of those into 2 4 X 12 and have coops for each pen all on one side.

Its too clean--tell your turkeys to dirty that run up!!
lol.png

You can take the girl out of Riverside but you can't take Riverside out of the girl.
roll.png

cool.png
I just had to tell you that when I opened your first pic I looked at it, felt a warm breeze on my face (it's @ snowy 30 degrees here in Utah and 55 or so in this room) and thought to myself - that reminds me of home. Looks like an arroyo. Those mountains look familiar.

Then I looked at your id and saw that you were in Riverside CA. HOME! - born and raised there (Left in '82). Just wanted to thank you for a great moment of nostalgia. Oh, how I wish I could eat a D'Elia's Grinder right now.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom