satstumadori project

Quote:
Yes was thinking of cubalaya, and shamo and another breed.
Was going to try to get a hold of Sam brush later for some cubalaya.

59337_satsumadori_type.jpg

59337_2011-08-13_191209.jpg

My first cross, I was trying to create some black satsumadoris from Sumatra ,shamo and Yokohama .
His sister is going back to a 1/2 Yoko x 1/4sumatra,1/4shamo.
She is 1/2sumatra x 1/2 shamo she weight 6 lbs .
I figured out she will give me bigger offspring than her brother.
I highly recommend Yokohama or phoenix for the blend

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes was thinking of cubalaya, and shamo and another breed.
Was going to try to get a hold of Sam brush later for some cubalaya.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59337_satsumadori_type.jpg
My first cross, I was trying to create some black satsumadoris from Sumatra ,shamo and Yokohama .
His sister is going back to a 1/2 Yoko x 1/4sumatra,1/4shamo.
She is 1/2sumatra x 1/2 shamo she weight 6 lbs .
I figured out she will give me bigger offspring than her brother.
I highly recommend Yokohama or phoenix for the blend

I ruled out phoenix because their Tails appear thinner than that of cubalaya.
Cubalaya from what I see have nice thick strong tail feathers.

Pm me ur cell number I want to Txt you some pics of my sumatras, want ur opinion

Also were you going to the lagrange, or abilene shows on sept 3 & 10th

Last edited:
I'm using Sumatras because their tails have some thickness, Yokohamas for the longtail and the generic behind them.
Since they are relative with minohiki which is closer relative to satsumadori.
I think to lift the tail a little bit America game can be use ,the shamo will provide the fan tail.
Maybe I'm taking the long path .
F2 from Sumatra and shamo
59337_photocrop_2011-10-11_11-21-22-am.jpg

59337_tres_cuartos_sumatras_un_cuarto_shamo.jpg

59337_wp_000609.jpg

59337_wp_000628.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all thank you for the comments that were for the positive an yes the satsumadori is getting better on my end and yes there are lot of breeds in my current project but as I work each year I am getting closer to what maybe some day able to call this elusive, an majestic fowl called SATSUMADORI I love the looks of these birds and as a child probably got rid of such birds thinking they were junk. Since I never saw the internet nor heard of this breed, I am doing my best to do certain crosses to acheive the ultimate goal. Beauty my phone is 610 928 7187

what is this cross I like the black cock with the long tail is he sumatra X shamo? I am interested in working with you if you are willing to trade me a black cock or sell me one similiar for another project

I am going to try a satsumadori project too. I have some young silver kraienkoppe and some young silver phoenix. I am going to cross these two breeds and see if I can create a bird that looks like one. My birds right now are only a few months old so I won't be able to hatch any until this fall or winter when they are old enough to start laying. I will post pictures when the new ones hatch. I have seen pictures of satsumadori on the internet. Kraienkoppe already have an upright stance and a fairly long tail. By crossing them whith a silver phoenix they should come out looking alot like a satsumadori if my predictions are right. I have sumatras too and may cross their line into them but I am going to see what the outcome of the kraienkoppe and phoenix will produce first.

You probably end up getting a monohiki type more likely,I will say that a shamo or large aseel with a lobster tail will be needed
That will help with comb,eyes,head shape,shoulders and fan tail.
What I would cross is
Kraienkoppe x pheonix = f1a.
Kraienkoppe x oriental = f1b.
Second year will be the fusion of f1a x f1b = f2

You probably end up getting a monohiki type more likely,I will say that a shamo or large aseel with a lobster tail will be needed
That will help with comb,eyes,head shape,shoulders and fan tail.
What I would cross is
Kraienkoppe x pheonix = f1a.
Kraienkoppe x oriental = f1b.
Second year will be the fusion of f1a x f1b = f2
A cubalaya has a lobster tail, I was going to get some anyway. I will try them and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom