Saying goodbye to Dad..UPDATE! Donald J. Riddle 2-14-1943 to 4-2-2010

Bammony

Red-dress-less
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
Salina, Utah
My sweet, wonderful Father will be returning to his Heavenly Father and his parents tomorrow morning when he is being taken off the respirator and allowed to leave his painful body. He is so dearly missed already. Dad is dying of lung disease. He is at one of the best hospitals in Utah with 6 of his seven kids and his wife of 45yrs by his side. I am the one of the seven that isn't there at the hospital and won't be going there again. I have the flu and the hospital wouldn't let a sick person in. I was able to say goodbye to Dad last week before he was put into a medically induced coma. We were all hoping he would live to receive a lung transplant but that won't be happening.

I can't sleep so far tonight, my thoughts are with Dad. I just thought I'd share what's going on.

Till we meet again Dad..

Last edited:
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to do the same with my mother in 1999. I am sorry for the pain that this will cause you and your family, but your father's suffering will be over soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

I am so sorry that you and your family have to endure the passing of a loved one. My heart breaks for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and the days to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
I'm sure it'll be a very tough time for you and your family. May he go peacefully and painlessly, and I will keep you in my thoughts and hope the best for you and all his loved ones.

A decision like this is never easy. A loss to your family will not be a easy task to deal with. I lost my father in 2005, I miss him every day. I see him in my face when I look in the mirror, I see him in the faces and the actions of my children. I am glad he is not suffering in this old world, and know he is at peace in Heaven. Please take comfort in knowing his suffering is over. Your family will be in our prayers.

Back
Top Bottom