Sdwd

Thanks Cyn for the belated birthday wishes.
smile.png
That table runner is beautiful! I am hoping to get back to my sewing projects once the deep house cleaning is done. Almost done but got whammied with another migraine yesterday so today I am a bit wiped out.

Kathy, I love the zuchinni patties recipe I found on this site. I also love roasted butternut squash...

Roasted fall vegetables
2 lbs of butternut squash, pealed, seeded and cut into 11/2 inch pieces
2 lbs of red new potatoes, well scrubbed and quartered
1 lb medium red onion, peeled and quartered
1 lb of carrots, halved lengthwise if thick and cut into 11/2 inch lengths
4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeles and smashed
3 Tbs of olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
[I leave out the onion since I cannot eat it and I also add rosemary]

Preheat oven to 450. Toss veggies with oil and roast until tender and beginning to brown. 40 to 50 minutes.

Last edited:
2x on Raintree, good nursery. Have order a number of trees from them. If they do not have what you are looking for check out Forest Farm Nursery in Williams, Or, huge catalog of native trees and shrubs. One Green World has lots of interesting fruiting trees from around the world.

Thanks Cyn for the belated birthday wishes.
smile.png
That table runner is beautiful! I am hoping to get back to my sewing projects once the deep house cleaning is done. Almost done but got whammied with another migraine yesterday so today I am a bit wiped out.

Kathy, I love the zuchinni patties recipe I found on this site. I also love roasted butternut squash...

Roasted fall vegetables
2 lbs of butternut squash, pealed, seeded and cut into 11/2 inch pieces
2 lbs of red new potatoes, well scrubbed and quartered
1 lb medium red onion, peeled and quartered
1 lb of carrots, halved lengthwise if thick and cut into 11/2 inch lengths
4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeles and smashed
3 Tbs of olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
[I leave out the onion since I cannot eat it and I also add rosemary]

Preheat oven to 450. Toss veggies with oil and roast until tender and beginning to brown. 40 to 50 minutes.

Hope you are feeling better, Laura. Thanks for the recipe! I am sure gonna try it!

Yes check. It's my way of marking my spot so when I click on "my profile" it takes me to the last entry I made and I don't have to go back and reread previously read postings.
wink.png

I've moved some older chicks to a brooder together but the one Del was being picked on by the other black chicks. I took her out and sprayed her all over with Blue Kote and put in a second feeder. Now she blends in more and things seem to be okay. I have more to add before I leave for AL so all the chicks are together and DW won't have to mess with a bunch of young chicks around the place. They should all be feathered out but not big enough to go to the coop.

Last edited:
aha! (on the "check")

Thats a really good idea about using the blue kote to help your bird blend in! I get so aggravated when I try to combine birds and some just can't fit in.
barnie.gif

chicks and chickens can be very racist. They know their own breed and do flock together. I put new hens into the flock at night in the dark, setting them on the roost. Young roosters that have not begun to crow seem to fit easily but I think older rooster exude a smell and fight for higher rank. Or maybe it's hormones.

I also make subtle changes in the coop and run if possible. Move a waterer or feeder to another location. I have started putting two feeders into the run so new birds don't get chased away. Even the occasional Pumpkin or Squash can be enough to throw older birds off their game. Keep in mind they may stop laying regularly for a couple of day.

Be sure to wear gloves and old clothes. Blue Kote is messy for some reason and runs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom